This conversation will cover a basic overview of the tool called "Inclusive Financing" that is making waves across the country. By changing the way we think of, pay for, plan for, and implement energy efficiency - from an individual action with personal "debt" to collective action resourced with investment - we change not only who has access to bill savings but dramatically increase the total energy savings grid-wide.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
• Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
• Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
• American Institute of Architects - AIA
• Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
• Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
• State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
• The Basics: Gain a 101-level understanding of what "Inclusive Financing" (or Tariffed On-Bill Financing) is, how it works, and where existing programs are as a means to create greater awareness towards green financing measures.
• The WHY: Explore the fundamental obstacles to energy efficiency, how energy efficiency improves the safety of occupants, and ways it elevates the human experience.
• A Case Study: Hear about Minnesota's journey towards Inclusive Financing through a study on TOBF in MN that just finished in August 2019 and how the health, safety, and welfare in the community was improved.
• Your Next Steps: Think through how Inclusive Financing might work in your community and learn methods to encourage social interaction.
Instructor: Alice Madden
Alice Madden is a staff member at Community Power, formerly Minneapolis Energy Options, an energy democracy non-profit with the mission to activate Minnesota cities and towns to create a clean, local, equitable, affordable, and reliable energy future. She supports coalition work on inclusive financing, cooperatively-owned community solar gardens, and community peer-learning about efficiency.
Company: Community Power
Handouts for this presentation can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4axy56ryyew...
Locate the quiz here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rft23gdzmgl...
Looking for the rest of the series?
Part 1: https://youtu.be/r2uMsAB_kF8
Part 2: https://youtu.be/CIR0WmCzX-8
Part 3: https://youtu.be/sLW0hV0ueNU