While a fireplace is an essential appliance in many homes, to save you from freezing cold in the winter, and provide a warm ambiance year round, it can sometimes be messy too. When producing heat, you can often be faced with contamination in your home from your heating appliances. Moreover, if the opening of your chimney is blocked with snow in the winter months, then it can be a real problem. To avoid such situations, you may want to consider having wood burning fireplace inserts instead of traditional fireplaces.
There are many advantages of using a wood fireplace insert, such as –
- Better Heat: Fireplace inserts can generate more heat than traditional fireplaces. The reason behind it is that other fireplace inserts are covered with a glass wall that holds the heat in a small place. As a result, a huge amount of heat is produced with a small amount of wood burning, and it makes the house warmer.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Using a wood burning fireplace insert is very cost-effective for many reasons. Firstly, the fuel, firewood is easily available and often at a cheap rate. Moreover, with the use of an insert, the wood lasts longer. Depending on the size of your insert and home, and estimated one load of wood can heat the room for about ten hours. Another great feature of a fireplace insert is the zone heating, which means, you can control the heat to warm only the room that you are seated in. Like this, the wood is utilized less, and the cost of fuel is saved more.
- Energy Efficiency: Wood burning fireplace insert is built with the innovative design of reducing emissions and smoke producing from the fire. At the same time, it generates a long-lasting fire that provides more heat and warmth to the room. So, you do not need to pay high-energy bills for keeping your home warm all day and all night long. It will also run for hours without the necessity of adding extra fuel to it.
- Low Maintenance: It is true that you will have to clean your fireplace insert occasionally to keep it clean, but it typically should not be a very messy job, as there will be the least contamination. Moreover, you can use it for many years without the need for maintenance and repairing. Most fireplace inserts are covered with a warranty for any damage, so the maintenance cost is saved to a great extent.
- Eco-friendliness: Although people may think that wood burning is not a smart choice as it emits carbon-di-oxide, it is not true. Trees absorb carbon-di-oxide, so when wood emits it, it releases the same amount of this gas. Instead of other fuels that may emit harmful particles and gases while burning, wood burning merely balances the amount of carbon dioxide in the environment.
- Aesthetic Value: Wide ranges of stylish wood burning fireplace inserts are available from reputable manufacturers and distributors. No matter what interior style you have, traditional or modern, you will find a fireplace insert complementing the style perfectly. Not only will your new fireplace insert warm your room, but it will also increase the aesthetic appeal of it.
These are some valid reasons why people are considering wood burning fireplace inserts more and more often.