I'm currently starting an energy auditing and building performance business and am in need of the required equipment. I was hoping to avoid buying equipment new if there are some good used options on the market. If you have any equipment you are trying to sell would you please email me a list and what you are asking? I can be contacted at rbnhenry@gmail.com

Regarding a Blower Door my preference would be for a Minneapolis as I'm entirely unfamiliar with Retrotec.

Thank you

Views: 219

Replies to This Discussion

Have a duct blaster setup that I hardly ever use.  Am considering selling.  Where are you located?  Shipping might be costly.

A duct blaster isn't in the budget right now but maybe in the future? I'm in Durango, CO.

Robin, I have a almost new set of Retrotec equipment if you are interested. Retrotec 1000 Blower Door Q46 and Retrotec Duct Blaster Q32 each have there own DM-2 manometers. There is also carrying cases and instructions.

Mark.moeller3@gmail.com

Thank you Mark but I have assembled most of the large purchases I need at this point.

For anybody else who chances across this thread I would tentatively be interested in a duct blaster and thermal camera in the future when funds permit.

Thanks

Robin,

I have a Minneapoils Duct Blaster System Series B for sale in Silverthorne CO
The development of the Minneapolis Duct Blaster® has revolutionized performance testing of forced air distribution systems for builders, HVAC contractors, and utility DSM programs. The Minneapolis Duct Blaster® is a calibrated air flow measurement system designed to test and document the airtightness of forced air duct systems in both houses and light commercial buildings. The Duct Blaster® fan is connected directly to the duct system in a house, typically at a central return, or at the air handler cabinet. With the remaining registers and grilles temporarily taped off, duct airtightness is measured by either pressurizing or depressurizing the duct system and precisely measuring the fan flow and duct pressure. 

Duct airtightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California's Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards. 
The lightweight Duct Blaster® fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
Quick and accurate airtightness measurements from 10 - 1,500 CFM.
Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
New Cruise Control feature will automatically control the speed of the Duct Blaster® fan during testing.
The Duct Blaster® can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
The Duct Blaster® can also be used as a powered capture hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans. The new FlowBlaster capture hood accessory will accurately measure supply, return and exhuast flows from 10 to 300 CFM.
Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster Kit includes
Duct Blaster Fan with Fan Speed Controller.
Pairs with DG-700 Digital Pressure and Flow Gauge.
Three flow rings (optional Ring 4)
Twelve feet (3.7 m) of 10 in. (25 cm) diameter flex duct.
Heavy Duty Carrying Case.
Static pressure probe.
Sample roll of DuctMask™ Temporary Register Seal.
Manual and Duct Blaster Training Video.
TECBLAST Software CD available online
DG-700 Digital Manometer not included
$1200 Used (only a few times, excellent condition). Compare online to $2530 retail new

Thank you for the offer but I won't be needing a duct blaster at this time.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Blower Door and Duct Blaster!

Started by Tommie John. Last reply by Tommie John on Monday. 13 Replies

Energy Auditor Equipment For Sale

Started by Todd Kistler. Last reply by Darin Pleines Mar 14. 1 Reply

Infrared Camera!!!! $1950!!!!

Started by Tommie John Mar 5. 0 Replies

Vent Caps for Sale

Started by Mandy Leazenby. Last reply by Paul Holder Mar 4. 1 Reply

starting up audit company

Started by RANDY. Last reply by David R Koons Feb 21. 3 Replies

Duct Cleaning

Started by Horace Douglas Hunt, Jr.. Last reply by Jason Kaylor Feb 6. 2 Replies

Complete Blower door set up for sale

Started by Fred Schreiber. Last reply by Fred Schreiber Feb 2. 2 Replies

Minneapolis duct blaster for sale

Started by edward knight. Last reply by Dimitri Mal Feb 2. 3 Replies

Latest Activity

Profile IconSamantha Totoni, Thomas Crown, Christopher Ludy and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
10 hours ago
KRicket Smith-Gary replied to Tom Smith's discussion Are Energy Efficient Windows worth the investment?
"There is more to windows than just their individual performance- they are usually the least…"
14 hours ago
Emily Ambrose's blog post was featured

Focused Strategy: The Rising Tide Effect of Precision Marketing

Among the many challenges we face as digital marketers, some of the strongest and most consistent…See More
23 hours ago
Franco Oyuela replied to Steve Nations's discussion high rise humidity
"Why Is My House So Humid? imply put, high humidity in a home occurs when moisture comes into a home…"
yesterday
Franco Oyuela commented on John White's blog post HVAC Spring Maintenance Checklist
"Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist. Inspect the indoor coil for cleanliness and clean if…"
yesterday
Profile IconChristine Brill and JES joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Tuesday
Brett Little posted an event
Thumbnail

How to use the Home Water Score - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

March 20, 2019 from 12pm to 1:15pm
The home water score (v1) is here and can be used now to make more informed and strategic decisions…See More
Monday

© 2019   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service