As we move toward the heating season, what are your top tips for homeowners to keep their energy bills under control?
ElectricityPlans.com and NaturalGasPlans.com are consumer shopping sites in deregulated energy markets. We also have content on energy efficiency. Would love to use some of the conversation on this forum to educate our readers on making their home more energy efficient. If we use your tips in our article, we'll backlink to your website!
One of our Facebook followers responded:
Fireplace Fashion by Beverly Cover your fireplace! It will make such a difference in your heating bills and in the feel of your room.
Thanks! Great idea!
There are a million articles on the topic you are looking to discuss. Here is a link to one (that is pretty well done) that I received just today: https://www.dailyprogress.com/realestate/smarthometechnology/diy-ai...
However, Just to keep things interesting...I think that tired topic should be turned on its head. What if you did an article about the misnomers and fallacies that the average homeowner believes about saving home energy? A click-bait title would be: "10 stupid things homeowners do to sabotage their energy bill."
I will list off a few of the reoccurring favorites:
1) I will use my wood fireplace or vented gas log to supplement my furnace heat on really cold winter days.
2) I will buy a new energy efficient fridge and turn my old fridge into a "beer fridge".
3) I will use my whole house fan all day long to keep the house cooler and less humid.
4) The first thing I will do to fix my drafty house is replace the windows.
5) I have really high electric bills, so I will lease some solar panels on my roof to fix my bill.
6) I saw I had gaps around my pipes and wires where they entered the house, so I packed fiberglass batting in there.
These are just a few off the top of my head, but I am sure other members will chime in.
Oh I love it! First, thanks for the link. And second, love the click bait title idea! That's super original, thank you! I'll work on that article topic. And I'll include a backlink to you too!