Hi all

Just curious if any of you TREAT Energy Modeling users out there have any great resources for beginners getting into it.  Anything printable and shareable?  Thanks!

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jake, we had a number of discussions over the years on Treat (and modeling tools in general) in the RESNET BPI Group on LinkedIn. Many of those threads are now archived in the Home Performance Archives (see HP Forum Archives tab on menu bar, above).  I don't recall any discussions on training resources but I just searched the archives to be sure and came up empty. Sorry.

Hopefully some Treat experts will see this discussion and chime in with something useful for you.

BTW, while searching the archives, I stumbled across a 'classic' discussion from 2012 (actually a debate) on the merits and pitfalls of energy modeling in general: Green Jobs Green New York off to a slow start.

Wow, I remember that thread as if it were yesterday! Here are a couple of comments in particular you may find useful as you're learning Treat.  Keep in mind these comments were written in 2012, so some of the pitfalls have been addressed in subsequent versions.

Gary Goodman's pet peeves

Bill Smith's Treat Wish List

I'm going to start a new thread to point folks to this discussion as I think most of the sentiments expressed therein are still valid.

Thanks David... I'll give them all a read and will welcome any new info.

RSS

Latest Activity

Anna Stern posted a blog post

Sustainability & Green Building Scholarship for the 2020 International Builders' Show

Scholarship Opportunity: Do you know a young building professional or current student interested in…See More
1 hour ago
Larry Weingarten's 2 blog posts were featured
3 hours ago
Brett Little posted a video

Making the Value of Energy Efficiency Visible in Real Estate - CEUs - part1of2

Making the Value of Energy Efficiency Visible in Real Estate - CEUs - part1of2 When homeowners make improvements to their homes, the most important aspects of home performance —safety, comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and environmental impact…
5 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Profile IconNicole Smith, Jay Keeling and Dave Beaulieu joined Home Energy Pros Forum
5 hours ago
Debra Little liked Larry Weingarten's blog post Hot Water Heaven
13 hours ago
Larry Weingarten commented on Larry Weingarten's blog post Hot Water Heaven
"Hi Daniel, My most basic approach to servicing tank type heaters is to check and replace the anode…"
19 hours ago
Daniel Cullen commented on Larry Weingarten's blog post Hot Water Heaven
"I believe that it's not too difficult to get a 25+ year service life out of a modern water…"
yesterday
Steve Schmidt commented on Larry Weingarten's blog post Hot Water Heaven
"Thanks Larry. > I'm all in favor of heat pumps as long as they are reliable and well…"
yesterday
Larry Weingarten commented on Larry Weingarten's blog post Hot Water Heaven
"Hi Steve, Good point.  This article was originally written over twenty years ago when gas was…"
yesterday
Victoria Santiago liked Victoria Santiago's discussion Green Building Consultant
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service