I received this e mail today and i have an Oil Boiler in my home, so I was concerned about it. 

New%20EPA%20Small%20Boiler%20Mandate%20%20Jan%20%E2%80%9914%20Filin...

i researched it at EPA, and found this page

http://www.epa.gov/boilercompliance/ 

The initial mail says 'all small boilers using oil, boimass, and coal'.... the EPA site specifically excludes residential 1-4 family buildings from the rule and further says boilers over 1.6 million BTU only. 

I consider myself somewhat more up to date on this kind of thing, and yet I was almost ready to buy into the conference and recording mentioned in the mail.  EPA doesn't have a way for me to report this,at least not one I can find. 

I don't know if anyone on this service has encountered this or not, but it may be worth knowing and letting your customers know about it. 

Tags: biomass, boilers, coal, epa, oil

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be a pretty large house to use 1.6 million BTU/hour.  Or a very large hot tub!

As for webex / conferences on the compliance... EPA generally offers free classes that you can sign up for that cover such areas.  No need for the training - unless you want the certificate for a record of any continuing education requirements that you might need.

RSS

Forum Discussions

REALLY????

Started by Danny Gough in HVAC. Last reply by Danny Gough on Saturday. 12 Replies

How to Insulate Exposed Outdoor Ductwork?? Help

Started by Daniel Baur-McGuire in General Forum. Last reply by Bradford E. White on Friday. 7 Replies

Where to spend my marketing dollars?

Started by Trip Smith in Marketing. Last reply by Building Performance Institute on Tuesday. 10 Replies

Easy Tests for HVAC during audit

Started by Craig Bird in Weatherization. Last reply by John White May 9. 19 Replies

Water heater ventilation question

Started by Luis Hernandez in General Forum. Last reply by Dennis Heidner May 8. 23 Replies

Polar vortex photos of ice forming INSIDE homes!

Started by Diane Chojnowski in General Forum. Last reply by Michael Cuomo May 4. 1 Reply

LEED for Homes Green Rater Training

Started by Ryan Moore in Training. Last reply by Michael Cuomo May 3. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Enervest Solar is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
10 minutes ago
John White posted blog posts
5 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"Read the manufacturers claims and installation steps closely  The foil needs a dead…"
8 hours ago
Danny Gough replied to Danny Gough's discussion REALLY????
"As I have read through everyone's excelent responses, it has caused me to reassess my…"
Saturday
Tim O'Brien replied to Danny Gough's discussion REALLY????
"Bradford - I have seen single family homes with ducted central AC or heat pump hold enough water…"
Friday
Brett Little posted an event

How to Make Money by Cutting Your Home's Carbon Footprint, Heating Bill, and Electricity Bill to Zero - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

June 12, 2019 from 12pm to 1:15pm
How to make money by cutting your home's carbon footprint, heating bill and electricity bill to…See More
Friday
Emily Ambrose posted a blog post
Friday
Building Performance Institute commented on Emily Ambrose's blog post 4 Signs Your Website Is In Need of A Refresh
"Excellent food for thought! Thank you!"
Friday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service