tedkidd's Discussions (487)

Discussions Replied To (391) Replies Latest Activity

"A lot of contractors wrongly think multi stage provides justification to oversize. E…"

tedkidd replied Jan 14, 2012 to Manual J Report

29 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"PATRICK - The effectiveness of the current insulation can be adjusted as you are at…"

tedkidd replied Jan 13, 2012 to SIR minimums, building a culture, an infrastructure based upon lying...

4 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

"On Bill Financing will expose the lie.   A program that will only allow improvement…"

tedkidd replied Jan 12, 2012 to SIR minimums, building a culture, an infrastructure based upon lying...

4 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

"Hmmm.  I think I'm seeing it and may be able to pull something really useful out.  F…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Let's make this simple.  In Europe you offer services that ultimately boil down to…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to US vs EU

20 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

"If cold air is pushing the hot air to me that implies positive pressure.  If hot ai…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Patrick, I like Bruce's response, tells me my intuition; "I think covering it is mos…"

tedkidd replied Dec 22, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

""This fancy plug saves energy and saves lives"  - Really? I've seen tape many years…"

tedkidd replied Dec 22, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

"Danielle, that sounds exciting!   Does it have a mechanism for tracking & repor…"

tedkidd replied Dec 15, 2011 to Energy Auditing Software and Reporting

32 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Jesse

"There are paper hoods that hook to your compressor hose.  Very slick and inexpensive…"

tedkidd replied Dec 15, 2011 to Ventilation for Spray Foam retrofit

3 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Forum Discussions

How to Insulate Exposed Outdoor Ductwork?? Help

Started by Daniel Baur-McGuire in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela 12 hours ago. 8 Replies

REALLY????

Started by Danny Gough in HVAC. Last reply by Danny Gough on Saturday. 12 Replies

Where to spend my marketing dollars?

Started by Trip Smith in Marketing. Last reply by Building Performance Institute May 14. 10 Replies

Easy Tests for HVAC during audit

Started by Craig Bird in Weatherization. Last reply by John White May 9. 19 Replies

Water heater ventilation question

Started by Luis Hernandez in General Forum. Last reply by Dennis Heidner May 8. 23 Replies

Polar vortex photos of ice forming INSIDE homes!

Started by Diane Chojnowski in General Forum. Last reply by Michael Cuomo May 4. 1 Reply

LEED for Homes Green Rater Training

Started by Ryan Moore in Training. Last reply by Michael Cuomo May 3. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Matt Worthy posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Dennis Heidner replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"I believe one of the issues is how does one defend themselves against an HVAC contractor that…"
6 hours ago
Gabriel Perez replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"I’ll give you an a for effort but even in the best cases bubble wrap ( unless it comes with a…"
6 hours ago
Paul Herron replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"I think Ed and his video hit on an important point -- these radiant barriers are primarily…"
7 hours ago
Brett Little posted an event

From Control Layers to High-Performance Enclosures - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

May 29, 2019 from 12pm to 1:15pm
High-performance enclosure systems are fundamental to efficient, durable, healthy, sustainable, and…See More
10 hours ago
John S. Rodenhizer replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"Agreed, But this guy fought me all the way. I have completed the rating and the HVAC contractor…"
11 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to John S. Rodenhizer's discussion Using radiant barriers as duct insulation, Aka "Bubble wrap" What value do you assign for R-value?
"Links for Build America and Building Science…"
11 hours ago
"Correct,   but when testing has been done on sealing ducts with wraps... (See the BTO and…"
11 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service