General Forum (1,127)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ERV recommendations

Looking for ERV recommendations for a new two level ICF residence located at 6800 ft elevation with 6001 HDD base 65 and 0 CDD base 50. Rad…

Started by David Wentling

13 Sep 11
Reply by Luke Langhals

Most current can light air sealing best practices?

I haven't had to airseal any can lights in several years. I have a client who has many can lights throughout his house and wants to have th…

Started by Robin Henry

6 Sep 7
Reply by Denise Curtis

Off-Grid Applications?

What off-grid applications do you use around your house to reduce energy consumption or rely less on your local power provider? I've used s…

Started by Kyle Baker

2 Sep 5
Reply by Paul Scheckel

Heat Pump Water Heaters - a potential source of air leakage?

I was doing a depressurization test on a smallish home with a heat pump water heater installed in a closet and ducted to the attic with bo…

Started by Eric Miller

0 Sep 3

high CO2 in a leaky house

Hi, folks! I've been lurking on this forum for some time without a membership because my Efficiency Kansas certification ran out years ago…

Started by Ben Stallings

34 Sep 2
Reply by Ben Stallings

Assessing the true end user price of installing a new boiler?

Hi there, I often get quizzed over the true cost to the user of installing a new boiler.  It seems to me consumers do not understand the co…

Started by Tom Smith

6 Sep 2
Reply by Tyler Warner

Asphalt coated fiberboard sheathing

I'm working on a house built in 1992 in Nebraska (climate zone 5) that has exterior walls with asphalt covered fiber board sheathing. I'd…

Started by David Holtzclaw

2 Sep 2
Reply by Tyler Warner

Okay to use 1" polyiso as a insulation base for 50 gallon heat pump water heater?

I am about to install a 50-gallon Rheem heat pump water heater in our garage at our house near Pasadena, CA. (after this installation, our…

Started by Chris Stratton

10 Aug 26
Reply by Brian Robinson

Foam/Fiberglass Hybrid Insulation

Does anyone have any knowledge of installing fiberglass in the walls and foam insulating the attic to bring Air Handler into conditioned sp…

Started by Noah Ray Sanders

4 Aug 26
Reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire

Drywall Gasket

Hi Everyone, Let me say I am only a 3rd Party verifier HERS-Rater and do not install or do any contracting work. I am looking to refer a be…

Started by AJ Afkham

8 Aug 22
Reply by Michael Schettine

RSS

Latest Activity

Building Performance Institute liked Jim Gunshinan's blog post What's In a Name?
18 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
23 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"I see you are in Grand Rapids MI. I would suggest contacting Chris McTaggart with Building…"
23 hours ago
Luke Langhals replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"Hi Brett, Feel free to shoot me an email with what you had in mind. Happy to help or provide…"
23 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"Please email me what happens next to kurt@invisco.com"
23 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"As long as it has a defrost function. The new cores are much improved for cold climates. "
23 hours ago
"Construction Instruction, Mark LaLiberte, Justin Wilson, and Gord Cooke do a great job and I…"
23 hours ago
Ryan Moore added 2 discussions to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
yesterday
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
yesterday
Profile Iconlouie molenda and Steve Kramer joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
Kurt Shafer replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"I would be happy to do a webinar. I am an expert in home ventilation after selling whole house fans…"
yesterday
Chris Johnson replied to Brett Little's discussion Looking for someone to do a webinar on ERVS and HRVS. Any interest?
"We have been using a few different types and styles.  From individual apartment to shared…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service