General Forum (1,104)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More people than ever think green when buying a home

Consumer demand in real estate continues to trend eco-friendly, according to a new report from the National Association of Realtors Nearly…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

4 Jun 8
Reply by Minnie Coleman

Worst boiler ever?

It's the little things that makes working in home performance so rewarding.

Started by Mark Furst

6 Jun 3
Reply by Minnie Coleman

Savenia Solar / Home Ratings

Does anyone know what happened to Savenia Labs and their solar rating program? Was the program completely abandoned or did someone else tak…

Started by Rob Madden

0 Jun 2

Assessing the true end user price of installing a new boiler?

Hi there, I often get quizzed over the true cost to the user of installing a new boiler.  It seems to me consumers do not understand the co…

Started by Tom Smith

5 May 31
Reply by Ash Healy

FOR SALE: Home Performance Business in Raleigh, NC Area

Please find below information on a successful and profitable home performance business in the Raleigh, NC area that is for sale for $160,…

Started by Ryan Miller

0 May 6

Polar vortex photos of ice forming INSIDE homes!

Check out these photos of ice forming inside homes during the super cold polar vortex this week. Shout out to @LEAP_VA who shared this on T…

1 May 4
Reply by Michael Cuomo

Condensation on ceiling and walls of master bedroom

Posted on wrong thing first time.  Have cust who claims to have condensation on ceiling in summer time.  has 2 ac... has approx 3,000 sf tw…

Started by Jerry Needham

12 Apr 29
Reply by Franco Oyuela

Exterior green cladding

Hello everyone,      I am searching for green cladding alternatives for a farm home currently using cedar planks that are too old and comi…

Started by Luis Hernandez

3 Apr 19
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Mini-Crawl Spaces between City Row-Home's Conditioned Stories

I have been finding more row-homes with 2' -3' sub-floors with ducts and piping running through them, that are usually opened to the outdoo…

Started by Robert Logston

8 Apr 19
Reply by Robert Logston

Faces & Places of HPC19

Check out this photo album from HPC19: Faces & Places of HPC19 Add your photos and put them in the album to share with everyone. 

0 Apr 5

RSS

Forum

Latest Activity

Robin Henry posted a discussion

Most current can light air sealing best practices?

I haven't had to airseal any can lights in several years. I have a client who has many can lights…See More
yesterday
Building Performance Association posted a blog post

August Policy & Advocacy Updates

By: Lizzie Bunnen, Government Affairs Director, AnnDyl Policy Group…See More
yesterday
Building Performance Association commented on Emily Ambrose's blog post 6 Building Conferences We’re Attending
"Great picks! Thanks for including us!"
yesterday
Building Performance Association liked Emily Ambrose's blog post 6 Building Conferences We’re Attending
yesterday
Diane Chojnowski's 2 videos were featured
yesterday
Brad Cook replied to Chris Stratton's discussion Okay to use 1" polyiso as a insulation base for 50 gallon heat pump water heater?
"Not all insulation is the same. For example, Dow's Super Tuf-R polyiso has a compression…"
Friday
David Butler replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"@Luke, since you work for a well-known ERV manufacturer, I'm curious if you have access to…"
Friday
Luke Langhals replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"Hello David -- Do you have an expected air tightness? What type of blower door test results are you…"
Friday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service