General Forum (1,104)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for an Engineer who can design for Advanced Framing/Optional Value Engineering in Seismic area

Hi, I have an associate who is looking for a structural engineer who can/is willing to design a home with AF/OVE in the Los Angeles, CA bas…

Started by Dav Camras

2 Aug 1
Reply by Dav Camras

History of Microgrids in the US: From Pearl Street to Plug-and-Play

While it may seem that microgrids are new, they have been around in some form for years, going back to Thomas Edison’s Pearl Street Statio…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Aug 1

Measuring the Health Benefits of Energy Efficiency Programs

Check out this great article in the Summer 2019 issue of Home Energy magazine: Measuring the Health Benefits of Energy Efficiency Programs

0 Jul 29

How to Insulate Exposed Outdoor Ductwork?? Help

A local business has the main duct plenums for return and supply located outside going to an RTU furnace/AC on the ground. Two trunks aroun…

Started by Daniel Baur-McGuire

13 Jul 29
Reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire

ACEEE City Clean Energy Scorecard

Did you know that cities account for two-thirds of the world's energy demand and 70% of energy-related emissions? All the more reason to c…

0 Jul 26

Convert BTU/hr in a Manual J to actual fuel usages

I cannot find any conversion table that translates the BTU/hr heat loss in a Manual J report to the amount of fuel required to heat the bui…

Started by Dan Wise

17 Jul 25
Reply by Richard McGrath

Energy efficiency can be a tool for economic development << Yale Climate Connections

Check out this interview with Mary Shoemaker from ACEEE on Yale Climate Connections:  Energy efficiency can be a tool for economic developm…

0 Jul 11

Where is the money in energy auditing / home rating?

I'm a real estate broker that became certified as BPI building analyst to provide energy audits for my clients when buying a home.  Since t…

Started by Rob Madden

13 Jul 8
Reply by Jan Green

Home touted as one of the most efficient in America. Is it?

This is an interesting case study: A Lake Wales, FL home is touted as one of the most efficient in North America. According to Residential…

7 Jul 6
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Mini split air conditioners and ceiling fans

We just had 2 mini split air conditioners put in our home, which previously did not have air conditioning.  We have ceiling fans in every r…

Started by Beverly Lerch

17 Jul 5
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Forum

Latest Activity

Robin Henry posted a discussion

Most current can light air sealing best practices?

I haven't had to airseal any can lights in several years. I have a client who has many can lights…See More
yesterday
Building Performance Association posted a blog post

August Policy & Advocacy Updates

By: Lizzie Bunnen, Government Affairs Director, AnnDyl Policy Group…See More
yesterday
Building Performance Association commented on Emily Ambrose's blog post 6 Building Conferences We’re Attending
"Great picks! Thanks for including us!"
yesterday
Building Performance Association liked Emily Ambrose's blog post 6 Building Conferences We’re Attending
yesterday
Diane Chojnowski's 2 videos were featured
Friday
Brad Cook replied to Chris Stratton's discussion Okay to use 1" polyiso as a insulation base for 50 gallon heat pump water heater?
"Not all insulation is the same. For example, Dow's Super Tuf-R polyiso has a compression…"
Friday
David Butler replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"@Luke, since you work for a well-known ERV manufacturer, I'm curious if you have access to…"
Friday
Luke Langhals replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"Hello David -- Do you have an expected air tightness? What type of blower door test results are you…"
Friday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service