General Forum (1,103)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Windows: Different Summer and Winter U values?

Anyone ever hear of a window, or unit of insulated glass, as having different winter and summer U values?    This wasn't on an NFRC sticker…

Started by Adam Zielinski

4 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Adam Zielinski

Ventilation and ERVs--Yellow Flag?

Build it tight AND ventilate right! With tighter building envelopes, getting ventilation right is critical to indoor air quality (IAQ) and…

Started by Tom White

8 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Al Heath

Top-10 just launched!

Today TopTen USA announced the launch of its free, Web-based rankings of the 10 most energy-efficient products in a wide range of categorie…

Started by Evan Mills

12 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Steve Waclo

Multifamily Housing

There are 26 million apartments in the U.S. that house nine million families below the poverty level, and four million elderly households. …

Started by Tom White

1 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Graeme Nix

Training in the Field - Mobile Training Labs for Building Sciences

I wanted to share this with everyone.  Last week, while doing some training work down in SOCAL, I had the opportunity to check out a really…

Started by Michael Stuart

9 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Graeme Nix

Home Performance XML

Just saw this great blog post from EnergyCircle explaining the new Home Performance XML from BPI.Has anyone here been to visit the HPXML si…

Started by Stephanie Inglis

2 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Stephanie Inglis

DOE/ EERE Encouraging Homeowners to Invest in Energy Efficiency Improvements

Hello All:   Perhaps I need to pay closer attention, but I've not noticed mention of these daily updates from DOE/EERE (Energy Efficiency …

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Nov 11, 2010

home energy management

I originally posted this in MyPage and was disappointed at the lack of response.  I was prodded to re-post here and perhaps it will stir a…

Started by Chris Jefferies

11 Nov 10, 2010
Reply by William H Nickerson

Welcome Wagon Thread

Just figured I would introduce myself - Max with Caron Electric. I am the service manager working with Caron Electric out of Burlington, MA…

Started by Caron Electric

21 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Caron Electric

MN/WI CEU seminars; The Remodeling Game--Building Science and the Home Improvement Contractor

Remodeling may be the only game in town and the rules have changed.  What’s driving these rule changes? Building Science is changing the wa…

Started by Mike Gorman

0 Nov 9, 2010

RSS

Forum

Latest Activity

Tom White joined Bob Krell's group
Thumbnail

Healthy Indoors (IAQ)

The Healthy Indoors group is focused on indoor air quality (IAQ), mold, moisture control, radon,…See More
11 hours ago
Building Performance Institute liked James Sayers's group Marketing Energy Efficiency
14 hours ago
Building Performance Institute liked Chris Morin's blog post The Value of an Experience
14 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski's video was featured

Building Beyond Net Zero

Sponsored by NV Energy, Dr. Joe Lstiburek covers groundbreaking energy efficiency strategies, pioneering renewable energy solutions, and advanced smart home technologies that help create an optimized demand-side energy management strategy.
14 hours ago
Chris Morin's blog post was featured
14 hours ago
Profile IconJake Nuckolls, Replace Boiler and Dennis Arian joined Home Energy Pros Forum
14 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"I think you're overreacting to the need for humidity control in your location. If indeed…"
22 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Wentling's discussion ERV recommendations
"test"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Building Performance Association   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service