Time: June 24, 2019 at 8:30am to June 28, 2019 at 4:30pm
Location: Colorado Mountain College, Leadville, Colorado
Street: 901 South Hwy 24
City/Town: Leadville, CO
Website or Map: https://hope4homes.net/produc…
Event Type: professional, training, for, bpi, certification
Organized By: Hope Colitz
Latest Activity: May 30
BPI BA Training Program presented by Hope for Homes
Building Analyst Professional Certification Training @ CMC, Leadville, CO – June 24th – 28th, 2019
Hope for Homes’ Full Course Description
H4H’s BA course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute related to the energy efficiency and performance of residential buildings. These standards focus on energy conservation measures and criteria while also focusing on the health and safety of the homeowner and the technician.
This course is designed to produce a comprehensive overview of building science for low rise single family homes and low rise multifamily buildings.
You can take the course, as well as your written and field exams at the same location.
Why Take This Course?
The BA certification provides the professional a foundational understanding of how residential buildings and their equipment function as a system.
For people with less experience - understanding how houses work – become more confident about caring for and improving a home.
For experienced folks - add new tools to the toolbox of anyone who already works with residential buildings; gain new perspective on interconnectedness of all the systems of the home, including the occupants; improved ability to prioritize energy-efficiency work in a job scope
H4H’s Building Analyst class begins with the understanding of residential construction and its trends. The course teaches the candidate, when mechanical and combustion equipment are introduced, how they can significantly change the dynamics of the structure. At completion, the candidate should be able to analyze and make appropriate recommendations to reduce the overall energy while promoting a safe and healthy home.
This course will provide knowledge of building science as a basis for establishing a healthy, safe, durable and energy efficient home that is required achieve BPI Building Analyst Certification.
1. Building Science
2. Buildings and Their Systems
3. Testing and Data Collection
4. Industry Standards
5. Analyzing Collected Data
6. Modeling and Work Scope
• Heavy focus on combustion safety testing procedures (Worst Case Depressurization)
• Diagnostic testing using the blowerdoor, pressure pan & manometer
• Ventilation analysis
• Indoor Air quality observation & testing
• Practice run-throughs of the field exam
• Review of H4H field script for Building Analyst
Course Package Includes
• 3 days of classroom with extensive math & practice quizzes throughout the training
• 1 1/2 days of field “hands on” in a real house (same as test house)
• Online exam afternoon of second “field” day (Test at CMC Computer Lab, NO laptop required)
• Course Notebook
• BPI Documents & Xcel Energy Program Information
• Resources & reference material to use in the field
• Course fee $1600
• Test Fees – Online $250
• Test Fees – Field $500
All payments must be made prior to class and all test dates! @ https://hope4homes.net/shop/
Any questions please contact Hope @ 714-422-8924 or firstname.lastname@example.org