At Acre Designs (acre.co), we're bringing Net Zero Energy homes into the 21st century, and we're hiring. We're looking for trained and certified energy professionals with residential experience. Our first posting is for a Superintendent position based in the Santa Rosa, CA burn area to help get displaced families back into safe and secure homes.
Please note, some travel will be required. Reliable transportation is a must.
If interested, after viewing our website, please submit your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us.
Superintendent: We’re looking for an accomplished Construction Superintendent to join and lead our build teams in the field. You’ll be responsible for overseeing all phases of our unique, SIPs based construction projects from permit to punch list. More importantly, you’ll be a key part in maximizing the effectiveness of the teams to ensure Acre homes are the best in class, and perform to expectations.
As an Acre Designs Superintendent you will:
- Oversee and manage multiple projects as our build schedule requires
- Have in depth knowledge of Acre drawing sets and site specific construction requirements.
- Create, update, and maintain 4 week look ahead schedules for projects.
- Train and advise on-site craftsmen in best practices and procedures as established by Acre Designs
- Coordinate and document activities of tradespeople, subcontractors, and inspectors.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals
- Track and log all daily job activities, weather conditions, site conditions, etc.
- Monitor construction schedule & work with project management team to insure timely delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment
- Drive & Monitor construction schedule to insure timely completion of project
- Monitor job site for safety hazards and compliance with all company and OSHA safety standards
- Conduct weekly safety meetings
- Other duties as directed by Project Manager or VP of Construction
Desired skill set:
- A thorough understanding of construction principles and proper sequencing
- A result driven, creative thinker with proven ability
- A team builder and team leader
- Capable of establishing goals and setting priorities
- Organized and detail oriented
- Interested in developing innovative and effective processes and procedures
- Computer and smartphone proficient
- Minimum 5 years residential construction management experience
- Minimum 5 years experience as a working tradesperson
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Clean driving record
- Reliable transportation required
- Experience with SIPs panel construction a plus
- Building science training a plus
- BPI, LEED or BIG certifications a plus
- OSHA 30 hour certification a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
Benefits include healthcare insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, optional Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), paid holidays and personal time off, as well as, support for job related continuing education and certifications.
- 100% medical Coverage for employee and dependents. HDHC + HSA
- 401K- 100% match on first 4% of deferred salary
- Vacation- 2 weeks
- Performance Based bonuses
Job Type: Full-time