Sustainably Built (SB) of Boulder, Colorado is dedicated to helping architects, contractors, and homeowners make the places they live and work healthy, comfortable and energy efficient. We seek to move the HVAC industry toward better design and installation of high performance systems for energy efficient homes.
SB is currently accepting applications for an HVAC designer to join our team. This position is full-time, salaried, includes a bonus program, a generous contribution towards healthcare and 3 weeks vacation in your first year! For those who don't want to sit behind a desk all day OR be out in the field all day, this is the perfect mixture of both.
· Significant experience with Manual J load calculations and Manual D duct design
· Significant experience in HVAC installation, Building Science or equivalent
· Good computer skills
· Must possess valid driver's license, good driving record and provide proof of current automobile insurance
· Working knowledge of RightSuite Universal software
· RESNET, BPI or NATE certification• Experience operating test equipment including duct blasters, blower doors, thermal imaging cameras, CO meters, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Works well with limited supervision
· Good communication skills, both written and oral, and have the ability to work with clientele of varying socioeconomic levels
· Detail oriented, with good analytical and problem solving abilities
· Explain design recommendations to architects, contractors, and homeowners and work with them to finalize design
· Work efficiently on a computer, including use of Word and Excel
· Basic math skills, including geometry
· Knowledge of HVAC systems
· General knowledge of residential construction
· Able to lift in excess of 45 lbs
· Able to work in small spaces (i.e. attics, crawl spaces)
· Complete Manual J load calculations, Manual S sizing, and Manual D duct design
· Provide reports, explanations and other support to clients
· Perform site inspections, including pre-installation walk through, and post installation verification and duct leakage testing in accordance with company standards
· Evaluate own work for errors, omissions and workmanship problems
· Take refresher courses as needed for continued competency and to maintain certifications
· Maintain a professional atmosphere, making sure client confidentiality is maintained
· Abide by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected
· Other duties as assigned
Testing equipment and laptop computer will be provided. Applicant must provide his/her own transportation to job sites throughout Boulder County area.
Interested applicants can apply by responding via email to email@example.com referring to this posting. Please include a cover letter, complete resume and professional references. Please include your name and "HVAC designer application" in the subject.
Salary: $42,000.00 to $56,000.00 /year depending on experience
For more information about SB, go to our website at: SustainablyBuilt.com
We are committed to promoting diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.