John Nicholas's Discussions (180)

Discussions Replied To (13) Replies Latest Activity

"The minimum standard proposed was scrapped due to a skipped step in the rule making…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 14, 2014 to ENERGY STAR Furnaces & Failure of DOE Standard

7 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"If you have these types of issues, perhaps you should consider having the load done…"

John Nicholas replied May 1, 2014 to How to Read Load Calculation Reports

37 May 5, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Kari, Lots of good info here.  Keep in mind, much of the load calculation details a…"

John Nicholas replied May 1, 2014 to How to Read Load Calculation Reports

37 May 5, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Check for Contractors certified by ACCA to do Energy Star V 3.  That program require…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 8, 2013 to raised ranch heating, can't balance it

17 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Kari,  Your air sealing has brought the home down from 7.6 ACH @ 50 to 5.5 ACH @ 50.…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 8, 2013 to raised ranch heating, can't balance it

17 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"You've spent time air sealing and doing good work.  You seem to have the equipment i…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 7, 2013 to raised ranch heating, can't balance it

17 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"I consider that in 6.  Combustion Pollution Control. It means low level CO monitorin…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 15, 2012 to Furnace Blower Fan on 100% of the time - Good or Bad or it depends?

71 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by dale conner

"Steps to Indoor Air Quality by Priority: 1.  Test for and Mitigate Radon as found. 2…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 15, 2012 to Furnace Blower Fan on 100% of the time - Good or Bad or it depends?

71 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by dale conner

"Bruce, If you smell a slight gas smell like this and it persists, call the gas comp…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 5, 2010 to Furnace Blower Fan on 100% of the time - Good or Bad or it depends?

71 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by dale conner

"Bruce, I would have a different company send a technician. From your description, t…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 4, 2010 to Furnace Blower Fan on 100% of the time - Good or Bad or it depends?

71 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by dale conner

RSS

Discussion Forum

HVAC integration – the past, the present, and the future

Started by Igor Mitbarg. Last reply by Lucifer Prescott Apr 11. 1 Reply

Target superheat formula

Started by Miguel Orduno. Last reply by John Proctor Feb 18, 2015. 6 Replies

Now for Something Different

Started by John Porterfield. Last reply by John Porterfield Jan 12, 2015. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Yes, a piece of blue or black tape would have an emissivity value much closer to the ideal number…"
32 minutes ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I believe that it would be difficult to screw a 5-6" screw through those layers into a purlin,…"
35 minutes ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Brad Cook wrote: "Your ceiling is white and somewhat reflective on the inside, so your…"
2 hours ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I may end up working from inside, a room or two at a time -- but my preference would be to do the…"
2 hours ago
Blake Shurtz posted a discussion

Replacement for Energy Conservatory Flow-blaster

It's too bad that the flow-blaster is no longer being produced or technically supported. Does…See More
11 hours ago
Profile IconBrian Cizmar, Charles Allen, Charles Buell and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
14 hours ago
Mike Rogers posted a discussion

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

If it doesn't seem obvious why a discussion of …See More
17 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Sean Lintow proposed rails and clips (re: first comment in this discussion), but in the context of…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service