I use REM for HERS Ratings.   There is the option for a User Defined Reference Home for comparison purposes.   There is no adopted energy code in my service area,  Wichita KS.  There is a builder assumed general perception that most homes have R-30 attics, uninsulated foundation walls and atmospherically drafter water heaters.

The 2006 UDRH in the REM folder assumes the DHW system in the Rated Home is in the Reference Home.  This rated home has a HPWH with a COP of 3.39.  

It also shows duct leakage to the outside as Zero compared to the acutal measured leakage to the outside of the Rated Home.

Are there some resources online that will show me the syntax to change these items?  or someone to post the syntax?

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Hello John,

Look under the Help Menu in REM/Rate and you should see a "UDRH Syntax Report" that shows how to change the settings for what you need.

Rob Salcido

RSS

Discussion Forum

Reference Homes for Rating Comparison

Started by John Nicholas. Last reply by Rob Salcido Oct 18. 1 Reply

How To Deal With Sprinkler Piping Installation

Started by Stan Kuhn. Last reply by Stan Kuhn Jun 17, 2015. 7 Replies

HERS rating & heat losing features

Started by John Kuiper. Last reply by Stan Kuhn Sep 14, 2013. 2 Replies

Are Home Energy Ratings Scalable and Marketable?

Started by Energy Efficiency Eric. Last reply by Tom Maides Aug 30, 2011. 19 Replies

Latest Activity

Profile IconWilliam Hoey and Paul Zabriskie joined Home Energy Pros Forum
10 hours ago
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Hi Sean, my comment re: actionable cooling load was about the application of ductless, not related…"
20 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Assuming same efficiency - apples to apples - off the top of my head the only way a ducted system…"
21 hours ago
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"By 'actionable', I mean the load is such that the homeowner actually needs to use A/C, as…"
22 hours ago
Brett Little replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"When you say actionable cooling loads you mean higher than heating loads?  I need to see…"
yesterday
"Since the Home Performance Forum archives are hosted on a different server with different software,…"
yesterday
tedkidd replied to Gordon Smith's discussion Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?
"Why are they calling? Get 4 or 5 why's. Are supplies dirty?! Why!! In most cases, changing…"
yesterday
Tom White's video was featured

Building Science Insights -- To Vent or Not to Vent

Building Science Presentation with Dr. Joseph Lstiburek.
yesterday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service