We just had 2 mini split air conditioners put in our home, which previously did not have air conditioning.  We have ceiling fans in every room and I am wondering how to use the fans in conjunction with the air conditioners that are at ceiling level.  Should the fans be on summer mode?  What speed is good to use to enhance the distribution of the cool air in the rooms?  

We usually keep the fans on high to keep the air moving, but with the air conditioners, I am not sure if the warm air near the ceiling is making the compressors work more.  

Any advice out there?

Thanks.

Beverly

Views: 675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.  A very reasonable, practical answer.  We have done our experimenting and ceiling fans, on low, seem to make us comfortable.  

RSS

Latest Activity

John White replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Ductless, mini split-system air-conditioners have many potential applications in residential,…"
6 hours ago
Profile IconJames Pollard and William Hoey joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Saturday
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Hi Sean, my comment re: actionable cooling load was about the application of ductless, not related…"
Friday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Assuming same efficiency - apples to apples - off the top of my head the only way a ducted system…"
Friday
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"By 'actionable', I mean the load is such that the homeowner actually needs to use A/C, as…"
Friday
Paul Zabriskie is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
Thursday
Brett Little replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"When you say actionable cooling loads you mean higher than heating loads?  I need to see…"
Thursday
"Since the Home Performance Forum archives are hosted on a different server with different software,…"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service