Is anyone aware of home performance contractors that have had success with some type of friends and family referral marketing. I recall someone, maybe Devon Hartman, did something like what is mentioned in this article. http://www.remodeling.hw.net/business/marketing/party-planners-remo....

Tags: contractor, family, friends, marketing

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know a PV Solar installer that gives a $1K kickback to any customer of his that refers a new customer to him that results in a signed install contract. That is a pretty generous kickback, but it incentivizes the heck out of his current clients. If I understand correctly it has resulted in some good referrals. It also helps that this PV installer is a genuinely knowledgeable master electrician, and an ethical contractor that does all of his own work (no-subs). No kickback in the world would insentivise a client to refer a crappy contractor to his friends and family.

- Jason Raddenbach, Chimney Balloon LLC

I wish this forum had thumbs up buttons.

Chris, you can LIKE a discussion. Click the star icon.

We get a handful of audit referrals each month by offering a $25 bounty to our customers through our newsletter and website.  I have kept this going for years and am happy with the results.

http://www.ecobeco.com/friends/

I like a 2 prong approach.  Refer someone and the referrer gets $X and the referral gets $x discount.  This way you create an incentive for both parties.

RSS

Latest Activity

Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"I would argue that keeping the solar panels cool is more important as you will produce more power.…"
3 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Im specifically thinking of floors over garage. Builders here often use rigid insulation under the…"
3 hours ago
Robert DV replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Why Charles!   How do you really feel??"
4 hours ago
Robert DV replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"David, Assuming the band / rim is sealed what benefit is there to direct contact with the sub…"
4 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"2018 IECC --- just think, you do have 6 sided encapsulation unlike an attic which see's more…"
18 hours ago
Mick Lane replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"There are a few things going on here. First, if you want an idea of the effectiveness of the…"
18 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Where is this written? please and thank you. As, its written you would have to do cont. insulation…"
19 hours ago
Charles Buell replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Of course---and fiberglass is garbage in this application and many others"
19 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service