Having recently certified for V.3 Energystar and I am now needing to aquire humidity, temperature, and flow equipment. Any thoughts from other professionals.

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which spec did I miss in the class that requires this? Are you looking for reliable equipment, vendors, are preferred brands, or...
Types and preferred brands. I am fairly new in the field in Alabama

For humidity & temperature I already have that on my moisture meter by Testo, but if you are looking for an anemometer, Kestrel, Vane, Extech, Testo and Fluke are well known brands - the main thing is to read the specs & make sure they meet their needs. I would recommend one that does data logging and has the vane attachment which is one method for measuring air-flow

For flow equipment are you talking about Duct Testers, Blower Doors or a Balometer?

Duct & Blower doors - there are two main choices, Retrotec & Minneapolis. Personally they are both great products, but Retrotec met my needs better.

Balometer - sorry I can't help you on that one but if you shoot me an email or call me - I can get you the number to my supplier who can actually answer the pros & cons on those systems

Have Minneapolis BD & DB. The anemometer is the main item. Thanks for the names. I want what I will need but not bells and whistle that I don't. Thanks again.
Do not lease it from Pawnee leasing. Try to find equipment from a contractor getting out of the business.
thanks
Agree that equipment from someone quitting business is a good choice. There are regular auctions on eBay for the stuff you need, much of it rarely used.
Thanks much

RSS

Forum Discussions

What made this chimney fall down?

Started by Eric Kjelshus in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus on Tuesday. 7 Replies

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by Dave Taylor on Sunday. 61 Replies

Manual J (SD) for custom, luxury homes

Started by Dav Camras in HVAC. Last reply by Dav Camras Nov 10. 3 Replies

Quantitative methods for residential zoning

Started by Brett in HVAC. Last reply by David Butler Nov 9. 1 Reply

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

Started by Mike Rogers in General Forum. Last reply by Mike Rogers Nov 9. 3 Replies

Latest Activity

Chester Energy & Policy is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
4 hours ago
Ryan Moore updated an event
Thumbnail

LEED for Homes Green Rater Training at Fort Collins, CO

December 7, 2017 to December 8, 2017
Green Insight will host this 2-day training in Fort Collins, CO December 7-8,…See More
18 hours ago
Rodney Bailey liked Rodney Bailey's discussion Energy audit equipment for sale.
19 hours ago
tedkidd liked Mike Rogers's blog post Focusing on payback to motivate customers?
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
yesterday
Quinn Korzeniecki added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Rebates and Incentives: Illinois

Curious about home performance incentives and rebates available in your area? Check out this BPI…See More
Wednesday
Profile IconStacey Cordeiro and Melissa Ames joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Wednesday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service