All Discussions Tagged 'savings' (5)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

On the Freaknomics Radio podcast last week (freaknomics.org) they interview Arik Levinson about his recent article "How Much Energy Do Buil…

Started by Tom Barrett

39 Apr 8, 2015
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Energy Savings Guarantees

Andy Frank of Sealed has a nice series of posts going on home energy guarantees. The concept first captured when I saw Perry Bigelow start…

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Feb 25, 2014

Home Manager vs. Home Automation

HouseWide Utiliti designs professional "home manager systems" as opposed to consumer electronics "home automation". What's the difference?…

Started by Gary LaForge

0 Feb 14, 2013

Utility company's diabolical rate plans don't save the consumer equivalent to what they conserve

Attached is a spreadsheet I created for a restaurant client comparing two plans and projected kWh savings at 20% and 30%. Currently, they a…

Started by Rodney Fox

6 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

SIR minimums, building a culture, an infrastructure based upon lying...

SIR minimum requirements create a culture of lying that, if things don't change quickly, will be embedded in the very culture of Home Perfo…

Started by tedkidd

4 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by Stuart Langley 1 hour ago. 17 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco Oct 16. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I am with Brad Cook here on all points. But will concentrate on the rubber grommeted screws on the…"
1 hour ago
Stuart Langley liked David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
1 hour ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I agree that it would be difficult to insulate from the exterior. It does look like at least a…"
3 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"Yeah. Gas water…"
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"With super cheap natural gas prices now, still worth going all electric?  Tankless needs a lot…"
yesterday
Stuart Langley liked Chris Clay's photo
yesterday
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Stuart, I wasn't considering the copula windows... yes, those would indeed need to be…"
yesterday
Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Well, @David Butler, you have seen the property more accurately than I have, but my impression of…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service