All Discussions Tagged 'IAQ' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Comparing the AirCycler g2 and HRV [Infographic]

AirCycler is excited to share that we have recently launched a new version of our Annual Ventilation Cost Calculator. Now, in addition to c…

Started by Carly Maltais

0 Jan 23

How effective are whole house air cleaners?

A local home performance contractor recommended a whole house air cleaner as part of a major proposed home performance upgrade for a friend…

Started by Bruce Ceniceros

5 Dec 1, 2016
Reply by Tom Phillips

Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters

I'm considering purchasing the AirAdvice for Homes indoor air quality monitor but it seems to have a steep price attached to it.   I have a…

Started by Rob Madden

11 Aug 26, 2016
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery

It is a common misconception that mechanical ventilation without recovery will cost a homeowner hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a ye…

Started by Carly Maltais

6 May 22, 2015
Reply by Rick Karg

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks and other respiratory ailments through h…

Started by Kirsten Richnavsky

0 May 21, 2015

Which one is better? Hi-Velocity vs traditional Forced Air sol'ns for the home

I am guessing this topic has come up before however I am hoping some HVAC folks out there would help me understand the advantages and dis-a…

Started by g.domenico

3 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Ventilation and ERVs--Yellow Flag?

Build it tight AND ventilate right! With tighter building envelopes, getting ventilation right is critical to indoor air quality (IAQ) and…

Started by Tom White

8 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Al Heath

The Passive House Approach

The 5th Annual North American Passive House Conference will be held in Portland, Or this November 5-7.  Mary James, former publisher of Hom…

Started by Tom White

0 Oct 22, 2010

RSS

Forum Discussions

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training 15 hours ago. 0 Replies

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler on Monday. 2 Replies

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco on Monday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

David Butler replied to Brad Cook's discussion Too many Heat Pump Water Heaters in a basement?
"Hi Mike, it's good to get some feedback from the field, and thanks for confirming Gen 3 is now…"
4 hours ago
B Eric Bell liked Bob Krell's group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
12 hours ago
John Krochmalny posted a discussion

Psychrometric Chart Training

Looking through the various areas of this site, I didn't see too much information or training on…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconMike Malek, Avery T. Phillips and Sarah Burger joined Home Energy Pros Forum
16 hours ago
Dannie Jackson's blog post was featured

Core Heat And Other Concepts

In some places the use of solar heated liquids from hot water solar panels are used to provide…See More
20 hours ago
Michael Duclos replied to Brad Cook's discussion Too many Heat Pump Water Heaters in a basement?
"I’ve been looking into Sanden for a multi-family PH near Laconia, NH, ASHRAE 99.6% temp is…"
20 hours ago
Profile IconTroy Spindler, Mike Berg, Andrew McDowell and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
David Butler replied to Brad Cook's discussion Too many Heat Pump Water Heaters in a basement?
"theoretically, let's say you perfectly isolate the HPWH from a heat source. The HPWH's…"
Monday

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service