All Discussions Tagged 'IAQ' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Comparing the AirCycler g2 and HRV [Infographic]

AirCycler is excited to share that we have recently launched a new version of our Annual Ventilation Cost Calculator. Now, in addition to c…

Started by Carly Maltais

0 Jan 23

How effective are whole house air cleaners?

A local home performance contractor recommended a whole house air cleaner as part of a major proposed home performance upgrade for a friend…

Started by Bruce Ceniceros

5 Dec 1, 2016
Reply by Tom Phillips

Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters

I'm considering purchasing the AirAdvice for Homes indoor air quality monitor but it seems to have a steep price attached to it.   I have a…

Started by Rob Madden

11 Aug 26, 2016
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery

It is a common misconception that mechanical ventilation without recovery will cost a homeowner hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a ye…

Started by Carly Maltais

6 May 22, 2015
Reply by Rick Karg

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks and other respiratory ailments through h…

Started by Kirsten Richnavsky

0 May 21, 2015

Which one is better? Hi-Velocity vs traditional Forced Air sol'ns for the home

I am guessing this topic has come up before however I am hoping some HVAC folks out there would help me understand the advantages and dis-a…

Started by g.domenico

3 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Ventilation and ERVs--Yellow Flag?

Build it tight AND ventilate right! With tighter building envelopes, getting ventilation right is critical to indoor air quality (IAQ) and…

Started by Tom White

8 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Al Heath

The Passive House Approach

The 5th Annual North American Passive House Conference will be held in Portland, Or this November 5-7.  Mary James, former publisher of Hom…

Started by Tom White

0 Oct 22, 2010

RSS

Forum Discussions

Latest Activity

John Hatfield replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"David I think the finish edge application is critical but several un-knows exist. Such as how far…"
13 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"@Kevin, that article is behind a pay wall. Here's the original posted on Allison's…"
14 hours ago
Kevin Miller replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Good question.  I don't know the answer.   I'd love to know whether there…"
14 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Hi John, thanks for pointing out my faux pas: I made clear in my original post that rainwater…"
14 hours ago
John Hatfield replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Kevin, Is the "Kool Seal" product certified for potable water collection?"
15 hours ago
Mike Berg joined Tom White's group
Thumbnail

Weatherization

Share your concerns and successes as a weatherization professional, or information for this…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconBlake Reid, James Barras, Kathleen ODonnell and 5 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
15 hours ago
Jon Finewood joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
15 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service