All Discussions Tagged 'HVAC' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?

I've always been a strong proponent for properly sizing A/C's together with home performance upgrades but with utility companies moving tow…

Started by David Byrnes

8 8 hours ago
Reply by David Butler

Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.

Our company is building a custom home in Wyoming on a site with high ground water. The client wanted to have supplemental forced-air heatin…

Started by Gregory Cisco

7 Nov 7
Reply by Leeroy Jenkins

Check it out! The video every HVAC contractor should see.

Here’s an inside look at incorporating home performance into your HVAC business from two of the industry's leading contractors. Learn how s…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Oct 2
Reply by Franco Oyuela

Think of the house as a really big duct

There is an article in the June 9 issue of ACHR News magazine that might help a lot people understand why the house is really part of the d…

Started by Frank Spevak

2 Sep 21
Reply by John White

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

17 Sep 8
Reply by Brad Cook

Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with dampers

I'll soon be working on converting a second floor of a residential building that was never finished and is being used as an attic for the…

Started by scottscontracting

57 Aug 31
Reply by Walter Ahlgrim

The effects of higher residential energy efficiency on the rest of the economy

This excited me: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12053-015-9392-9 The effect of more energy efficient households is shown to ripp…

Started by Harry Silver

0 Jan 30, 2017

BPI Works with NATE and NORA to Expand Accreditation Options for the HVAC Contractor

Calling all HVAC contractors! BPI is working with NATE and NORA to expand accreditation options for HVAC contracting companies. BPI has es…

Started by Cierra Mooney

2 Jun 23, 2014
Reply by Air Track Inc

Know Your House Facts

Faced with Home Manager retirement, what should a homeowner do? Know your House Facts.  By design, “Variable Air Volume” is the foundation…

Started by Gary LaForge

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Selecting a Water Heater

I am looking at updating the heating and water heating systems in a rental home I recently purchased.  Currently, there is a 4 year old Bur…

Started by Johnny Ritzo

15 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Joe Romero

RSS

Forum Discussions

Latest Activity

Claude Waudoit posted a discussion

Ecological faucets: Hot water is available as quickly as using a DHW loop, but without wasting water or energy.

I am looking for partners, supports and funding.I am also looking for reliable information…See More
4 hours ago
Charles Buell replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Exactly  David.  And then there is the fact the energy codes require the insulation be…"
4 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Adding an airspace changes the temperature gradient, as noted in Joe's doc, thus making the…"
7 hours ago
Ethan Foley replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"You want an airspace between the subfloor and the insulation.  It keeps the floor…"
8 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"Keep in mind that for all but the hottest hours, a tightly sized system already has excess…"
8 hours ago
Sean Wiens liked David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
8 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post

Vermont is Helping its Homeowners Reduce Energy Waste and Save on Energy Bills

(This "EERE Success Story" is one of a series of posts from DOE's Energy Efficiency and Renewable…See More
9 hours ago
Corbett Lunsford's video was featured

PROOF #20: Yes, You Have To Do Everything

Home performance guru Corbett Lunsford coaches black belts in the Fall Fast Track to press on in the face of opposition, and shares the trials of persistence that have led to the making of the TV show Home Diagnosis, after years of failed attempts.
9 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service