John Nicholas's Discussions (200)

Discussions Replied To (111) Replies Latest Activity

"What is on the roofing side?  Asphalt Shingles, roll roofing, etc.   When is it due…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 8 to Cathedral ceiling with tongue and groove ceiling. Looking for solutions.

4 Nov 29
Reply by Keith Tripp

"Thank You, Colin!  Those are very good points and processes to do some Zone Pressure…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 19 to Blower door test for small apartment building

19 Dec 6
Reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire

"Scott Katznelson   In 2013,  I had my HERS Field Review completed on a multi-family…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 18 to Blower door test for small apartment building

19 Dec 6

"I can use my Duct Blaster on any house that I expect to be less than 1300 CFM throug…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 11 to Blower door test for small apartment building

19 Dec 6

"Here are two pictures of the duct blaster fan as a blower door.  1 in a door and 1 i…"

19 Dec 6

"What standard are you testing to? Energy Star requires 5 ACH @ 50.   Code is 3.0 etc…"

19 Dec 6

"What standard are you testing to? Energy Star requires 5 ACH @ 50.   Code is 3.0 etc…"

19 Dec 6

"Next time you final a new house or complete a home energy audit:   Tape off the retu…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 1 to How to measure room pressures

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"ES 3.0  Rev 9 Footnote 34 Item 6.2 does not apply to ventilation or exhaust ducts.…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 1 to How to measure room pressures

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"I have inspected attics where some but not all of the 4x8 roof deck has been replace…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 27 to Insulation touches underside of roof in home with no soffit or soffit venting.

15 Oct 1
Reply by Mark Furst

RSS

Latest Activity

Dennis Heidner replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"Here come the batches of charts.  The data was collected almost nine years ago..…"
48 seconds ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"Here come the batches of charts.  The data was collected almost nine years ago..…"
1 minute ago
2 minutes ago
Franco Oyuela replied to Tom Smith's discussion Are Energy Efficient Windows worth the investment?
"ENERGY WINDOW. The range for energy-efficient window pricing is wide, but Energy Star-qualified…"
1 hour ago
Dannie Jackson's blog post was featured
8 hours ago
Profile IconEric Miller, David Giusti, Melinda Zytaruk and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
8 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"I would argue that keeping the solar panels cool is more important as you will produce more power.…"
12 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Im specifically thinking of floors over garage. Builders here often use rigid insulation under the…"
12 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service