Eric Kjelshus's Discussions (171)

Discussions Replied To (150) Replies Latest Activity

"Where do you want the air barrier to be?   I try TRY T R Y to keep the all the ducts…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Mar 17, 2016 to Insulating and air sealing a finished attic

6 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by Anthony Hyde

"to derate a furnace takes a very good teck.   Top 10% teck  and a master in combusti…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Feb 23, 2016 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Don Hynek

"derate the furnace then test with a flue gas meter.   I find most nat gas and LP gas…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Feb 23, 2016 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Don Hynek

"I saw a PEX tee leak for 18 yr in a chimney chase.   I found it by looking at meter…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Feb 20, 2016 to Condensation from ceiling vent fan in barn bathroom

6 Feb 20, 2016
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Look into a very little strip heat in the floor and put it under tile.  Google "unde…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jan 29, 2016 to Baseboard Hydronic Heater with Thermostat & Pump?

24 Feb 3, 2016
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Most calls I go on are like this - this is a very common.   No one tests out just "g…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jan 25, 2016 to High-use headscratcher

16 Feb 5, 2016
Reply by Mick Lane

"sound like STRIP heat is on that's a 1-1 rate  the GSHP can be 5-1  most are 4-1.  …"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jan 24, 2016 to High-use headscratcher

16 Feb 5, 2016
Reply by Mick Lane

"just not much air flow.  5" pipe at .1 in water  is just 40 CFM  If bring it up to a…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jan 24, 2016 to AC exhaust up chimney

2 Jan 29, 2016
Reply by Thomas Ailstock

"I found a strip heater used in new work all hard wired up set at 55' in the attic on…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jan 21, 2016 to High-use headscratcher

16 Feb 5, 2016
Reply by Mick Lane

"do you find the gas gas meter to be off as much as 30% - more when old? Just  Change…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Dec 28, 2015 to Load calculation program (software ) manual J

10 Dec 28, 2015
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Latest Activity

Dara Bowser replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Good to hear you have clean dryer ducts Don. The dryer duct issues that we run into are…"
8 hours ago
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"David, If the IMC mandates metal dryer duct and prohibits metal screws, they must be accepting…"
9 hours ago
David Butler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"I never checked that before. Checking now... Section M1502.4.2 of the International Residential…"
9 hours ago
Joseph Frasier is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
9 hours ago
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Brendan, Thanks for that response. Because of your warning, I just went down to the basement and…"
13 hours ago
Brendan Reid replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Hi Don, Summary: DRYER VENT: screws bad idea, possibly prohibited by code. METAL DUCT: must be…"
14 hours ago
Profile IconBrendan Reid and David Butler joined Allison A. Bailes III's group
Thumbnail

HVAC

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
14 hours ago
Profile IconSean Wiens and David Butler joined Chris Laumer-Giddens's group
Thumbnail

Energy Efficient Design

Energy efficiency starts at the drafting table...How architects and designers can help buildings…See More
22 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service