Don Hynek's Discussions (87)

Discussions Replied To (47) Replies Latest Activity

"This doesn't have to be that complicated…. If your goal is to save energy, the answe…"

Don Hynek replied Mar 24, 2014 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Ed Minch

"If you really want to get into arcana, try to figure out and rationalize utility rat…"

Don Hynek replied Oct 25, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"This is three different questions, air sealing, insulating, and acoustics/speaker pe…"

Don Hynek replied Aug 6, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Jim, that's a good idea!! Don't even bother measuring -- with a 12 inch duct, it's a…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 17, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"The simplest way is probably with a pitot tube. I know that's not exactly a "common"…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 10, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"A couple of replies (Robert and Sean) are on it -- fill the cavities with cellulose,…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 10, 2013 to Retrofit insulation on the roof over cathedral ceiling

24 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

"I always heard that as "Indian build small fire, sits close, stays warm.  White man…"

Don Hynek replied Dec 4, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Duh! Yes, the house is in Wisconsin. And, yes, I'd been thinking of staying away fro…"

Don Hynek replied Sep 26, 2012 to How much should I demo -- deep retrofit

8 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"So, I can see there's nothing to be gained here through rational argument. Name-call…"

Don Hynek replied Jun 18, 2012 to Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

41 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Let me point out that most of us are energy geeks. I happen to be an energy geek AND…"

Don Hynek replied Jun 14, 2012 to Do Government and Utility Rebate Programs Help or Hurt?

41 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

RSS

Latest Activity

Dara Bowser replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Good to hear you have clean dryer ducts Don. The dryer duct issues that we run into are…"
13 hours ago
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"David, If the IMC mandates metal dryer duct and prohibits metal screws, they must be accepting…"
15 hours ago
David Butler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"I never checked that before. Checking now... Section M1502.4.2 of the International Residential…"
15 hours ago
Joseph Frasier is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
15 hours ago
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Brendan, Thanks for that response. Because of your warning, I just went down to the basement and…"
19 hours ago
Brendan Reid replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Hi Don, Summary: DRYER VENT: screws bad idea, possibly prohibited by code. METAL DUCT: must be…"
19 hours ago
Profile IconBrendan Reid and David Butler joined Allison A. Bailes III's group
Thumbnail

HVAC

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
19 hours ago
Profile IconSean Wiens and David Butler joined Chris Laumer-Giddens's group
Thumbnail

Energy Efficient Design

Energy efficiency starts at the drafting table...How architects and designers can help buildings…See More
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service