George J. Nesbitt's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"Historically we have done an air barrier on the inside, lot's of intersections, peni…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 15, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"While code may not require adding ventilation to an existing kitchen, I would never…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 15, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014

"Can you create an air barrier (5/8" drywall or 1/2" ply) at the ceiling level? elimi…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 4, 2014 to Square Recessed Lights

10 Jan 2, 2015
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"1) not important; air leakage can introduce pollutants to the building (dust, moistu…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 1, 2014 to On the Question of Airtightness and Energy Performance

28 Jun 20, 2014
Reply by Brennan Less

"Equipment is rated for it's configuration (ducted or ductless). So you can compare e…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30, 2014 to Air Source Heat pump or mini-split efficiency

1 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

"Sorry, I meant to say NOT recognized."

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014

"AAV's are NOT recognized in the state plumbing code, although they are in the IRC (i…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014

"CA modifies the National / International codes, and does not allow some things, but…"

85 May 22, 2014

"I've done a recirculating hood with an ERV in Berkeley, the city did not notice."

85 May 22, 2014

"The owners (like Alice) have had varying degrees of involvement, mainly on the plann…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 27, 2014 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22, 2014

RSS

Forum Discussions

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

Started by Mike Rogers in General Forum. Last reply by Diane Chojnowski 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 19 hours ago. 34 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Diane Chojnowski replied to Mike Rogers's discussion Home Energy Pros and #MeToo
"Mike, thanks so much for supporting women and the #MeToo campaign. Women everywhere  have…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconBrian Cizmar, Charles Allen, Charles Buell and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
1 hour ago
Mike Rogers posted a discussion

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

If it doesn't seem obvious why a discussion of …See More
4 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Sean Lintow proposed rails and clips (re: first comment in this discussion), but in the context of…"
19 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I missed where the suggestion for rails came in. The plywood would not need any rails. 4+ inches is…"
23 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I'm a little confused about the necessity and purpose of using support rails if working on…"
yesterday
"If you insulate master bedroom and family room from below, you definitely need more R-value than…"
yesterday
"Brad, I was only talking about using EPS between the ridges, if necessary, to conform to bolts.…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service