Robert H's Discussions (35)

Discussions Replied To (30) Replies Latest Activity

"Since most homes use wall and floor cavities for returns they is a good proability o…"

Robert H replied Apr 22, 2012 to Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Jason I agree with your point.  So far much of what auditing and retrofitting does r…"

Robert H replied Jan 20, 2012 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Look at other ways to make your business profitable.  Line up contractors that will…"

Robert H replied Oct 30, 2011 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"In my appraising days I used Apex for sketching and computing a homes size. I would…"

Robert H replied Oct 18, 2011 to Portable Drawing method

6 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Thomas Price

"Is this an interior wall and the insulation is for sound.  Using steel in an exerior…"

Robert H replied Apr 21, 2011 to Dense Packed Cellulose in Steel Studs?

4 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Al Maloney

"Weatherization is where to start. I dont have figures but look at the cost to supply…"

Robert H replied Apr 11, 2011 to Need Solar-v-Weatherization savings comparison graph

6 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

"Given that it is a large hot tub with a cover the moisture load will not be as great…"

Robert H replied Apr 6, 2011 to Installing an indoor swim spa and what type of insulation to use.

7 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Robert H

"Spray foam would not cause condensation - actually sorption on the bottom of the flo…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?

25 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Bryce Cramer

"Building assesmblies need to be able to dry in at least 1 direction.  Rigid insualti…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Nailbase insulation vs. 2 layers of tuff-r with staggered seams

2 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Robert H

"I doubt you would see much benefit from a barrier in MN. From my research only the f…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Radiant Barrier in the North?

16 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Forum Discussions

Too many Heat Pump Water Heaters in a basement?

Started by Brad Cook in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 13 hours ago. 9 Replies

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 14 hours ago. 2 Replies

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco 20 hours ago. 1 Reply

Fixing a water heater?

Started by John Shillito in Best Practices. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus on Friday. 21 Replies

Latest Activity

Alfie Davis posted a blog post
Sep 19
Profile IconSam Compton, Cameron Home Insulation, Seth Shoneman and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Sep 18
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
Sep 18
Eric Kjelshus replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"In Kansas City a lot of "cardboard" for supply was used in slab on grade.  1950-1970…"
Sep 15
Richard L. Rue replied to Sonja Persram's discussion Energy Savings Guarantee for single family dwellings in cold climate??
"Try EnergyWise Structures (www.energywisestructures.com) They are a NASA spin-off company that has…"
Sep 15
Debra Little commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post NREL Research Finds That 22% of New Homes Completed in the U.S. in 2016 Were HERS Rated
"The avg scores are interesting. Are there comparative numbers for previous years? I thought they…"
Sep 15
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
Sep 15
Robert Zockoff replied to Gregory Cisco's discussion Abandoning under-slab HVAC ductwork which fills with groundwater seasonally.
"Public water systems regularly "reline" the interior of existing 50 year old water mains…"
Sep 15

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service