Hans Joachim Preiss's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (18) Replies Latest Activity

"Dan, Let me attempt to compare apples with apples: My solar thermal system is locate…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Apr 29, 2016 to Net Zero Energy Hot Water

18 May 12, 2016
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I use the combination of solar PV and heatpump water heaters in the vast majority of…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Apr 29, 2016 to Net Zero Energy Hot Water

18 May 12, 2016
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I personally don't have an answer for you and would have to research the web myself.…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Nov 20, 2015 to Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

25 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by Tauran Ivall

"Most European hardware engages on all sides pulling the door into the gaskets evenly…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Nov 12, 2015 to Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

25 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by Tauran Ivall

"I don't perform any audits myself, but I came across this relatively new tool that m…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Sep 17, 2015 to What is the best energy auditing software?

18 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by Ben Meyer

"A hole dip tube would only play a role when hot water is drawn and cold water enters…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Sep 6, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Rod, Because the tank is not overheating, the behavior is either normal for this tan…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Aug 27, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Calcification happens on the heating elements because hardness causing minerals are…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Aug 27, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Good discussion. I came across this comprehensive presentation by Gas Consultants on…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Jul 2, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"Rod, Correct me if I am wrong, but you're saying "AFUE" but really mean "actual effi…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Jun 26, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 22 hours ago. 15 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah yesterday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco on Monday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"Yeah. Gas water…"
15 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"With super cheap natural gas prices now, still worth going all electric?  Tankless needs a lot…"
16 hours ago
Stuart Langley liked Chris Clay's photo
21 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Stuart, I wasn't considering the copula windows... yes, those would indeed need to be…"
22 hours ago
Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Well, @David Butler, you have seen the property more accurately than I have, but my impression of…"
23 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"@ Stuart,I don't think there's any concern about impact of 4" build-up on elevation…"
23 hours ago
Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"So this building has a few issues with air leaks and air leaks have so much to do with discomfort…"
yesterday
"John Hatfield has the right idea here for a new roof deck. Polyiso boards always need a good stout…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service