Mark Richardson's Discussions (45)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi All, Interesting topic - myriad issues in play here, but I’ll try to touch on the…"

Mark Richardson replied May 25, 2013 to Disasters & sustainable energy

17 May 27, 2013
Reply by Evan Mills

""A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with a single step." Try breaking the house in…"

Mark Richardson replied Dec 16, 2010 to Estimating E savings from air sealing in huge leaky house

5 Dec 17, 2010
Reply by David Parker

" "

Mark Richardson replied Dec 10, 2010 to Got Data? How much leaking electricity is there in HVAC systems?

11 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Bradford E. White

"Upstate NY is coming in at $.17/kWh "

Mark Richardson replied Dec 9, 2010 to Got Data? How much leaking electricity is there in HVAC systems?

11 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Bradford E. White

" Great article, Evan!"

Mark Richardson replied Dec 4, 2010 to Best Energy Myths

45 May 23
Reply by Liam Smith

"The German Entrepreneur who, after Germany “outlawed” Incandescent bulbs of more tha…"

Mark Richardson replied Dec 2, 2010 to Best Energy Myths

45 May 23
Reply by Liam Smith

"Also know as "The Arachnid Air Leak Detector" "

Mark Richardson replied Nov 17, 2010 to Does peer pressure help motivate people to save energy?

15 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by Joel Greenberg

"Great Idea! Here in New York, hands on field training has been spotty, at best with…"

Mark Richardson replied Nov 5, 2010 to Training in the Field - Mobile Training Labs for Building Sciences

9 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Graeme Nix

"I see you are in Omaha? Is that where the sign will be?"

Mark Richardson replied Nov 5, 2010 to Solar PV

1 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Mark Richardson

"Hello All! Mark Richardson, a BPI Certified BA and Envelope Professional, formerly W…"

Mark Richardson replied Nov 5, 2010 to Welcome Wagon Thread

21 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Caron Electric

RSS

Forum Discussions

ENERGY STAR Version 3

Started by Allison A. Bailes III in General Forum. Last reply by Mandy Leazenby 1 hour ago. 10 Replies

Blower door test for small apartment building

Started by Jerry Needham in General Forum. Last reply by John White on Friday. 9 Replies

Radiant Barrier Southeast

Started by Gary Wright in Best Practices. Last reply by yassin chahdi on Thursday. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Mandy Leazenby replied to Allison A. Bailes III's discussion ENERGY STAR Version 3
"I've only ever worked on Energy Star with Habitat for Humanity.  But we have very few…"
1 hour ago
Colin Genge is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
2 hours ago
Brett Little posted a discussion

How to become a Certified GreenHome Professional - Free Webinar!

The Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP) training is a way to learn about the basics of…See More
23 hours ago
Corbett Lunsford's video was featured

Testing Air Quality with Your Nose: Control Your HOMEChem

Charlie Weschler sits down with Grace and Corbett and gives fascinating examples of the complexity of indoor air chemistry. He is an air quality legend, a professor on three continents, and a super nice guy.
Friday
Profile Iconwallace van, Tony kroos and Sunmar Construction, Inc joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Friday
John White replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Well, I think it completely depends on the purpose and requirement of the test. Testing one unit in…"
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"I can use my Duct Blaster on any house that I expect to be less than 1300 CFM through the…"
Friday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"FYI, he is in Illinois where code is 5 (well up until March as noted when it drops to 4)  Heh…"
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Here are two pictures of the duct blaster fan as a blower door.  1 in a door and 1 in a…"
Thursday
"What standard are you testing to? Energy Star requires 5 ACH @ 50.   Code is 3.0 etc…"
Thursday
"What standard are you testing to? Energy Star requires 5 ACH @ 50.   Code is 3.0 etc…"
Thursday
Franco Oyuela replied to Allison A. Bailes III's discussion ENERGY STAR Version 3
"The ENERGY STARnew homes program has been around since the mid-1990s and is currently undergoing…"
Thursday
Blake Reid commented on Blake Reid's blog post Managing Mold & Humidity (in Hawaii)
"Thank you very much! They're actually the same, though - the one with the dehu cover photo has…"
Thursday
John Proctor commented on Blake Reid's blog post Managing Mold & Humidity (in Hawaii)
"Nice post -- much better than the one that only showed the dehumidifier."
Thursday
Brett Little updated an event
Thumbnail

Full Circle Urban Forestry: Introducing Urban Wood Opportunities - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

December 5, 2018 from 12pm to 1:15pm
Many common urban tree removal practices in the United States view felled urban trees as costly…See More
Thursday
Brett Little replied to Brett Little's discussion Virtual CEU Tour of the Pembroke Passive Solar Zero Energy Ready Home
"You know utilities are pretty complex, especially in IL, however it looks like just about 6.8 cents…"
Thursday
yassin chahdi replied to Gary Wright's discussion Radiant Barrier Southeast
"It’s hard to choose on of these as most of the time the reviews and buying guides found on…"
Thursday
Bruce Fillmore replied to Mark Furst's discussion Bath fan weirdness
"In my opinion venting into any soffit is a bad idea, it usually requires a sharp bend to get into…"
Thursday
Tray Biasiolli replied to Mark Furst's discussion Bath fan weirdness
"I'd agree with Sean - we get wind effects regularly when measuring ventilation fan intake at…"
Thursday
Charles Buell replied to Mark Furst's discussion Bath fan weirdness
"You would have to test the vent at the inside at a location the same diameter as the outside…"
Thursday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service