Ed Minch's Discussions (148)

Discussions Replied To (129) Replies Latest Activity

"ted: I think you may have posted to the wrong topic - we are talking about the scien…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 31, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Bud: My next door neighbor is a retired physicist -  His name is Bruce Rushton.  He …"

Ed Minch replied Jan 31, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"Send me your private email and I will forward some pictures.  The very first thing I…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 31, 2012 to Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Bud I still think that it just as valid to look at this as a symbiotic relationship…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 27, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"Craig: We do the same thing in the mid-Atlantic region.  Covering the top of the ent…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 26, 2012 to Capping/air sealing, insulating dropped ceilings

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"We have done thousands of retrofits since 1981 using blower door, scanner and combus…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 19, 2012 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Patrick I am one of those "old guard" types, having started using a blower door, IR…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 7, 2012 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Bud: If we said "warm air from the end of the flue rises when the heater is on becau…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 6, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"Bud: I think that ANY reference to the barometric pressure (regardless of the barome…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 30, 2011 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"Bud Your link is an excellent explanation of what is happening when warm air rises.…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 30, 2011 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

RSS

Forum Discussions

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

Started by Mike Rogers in General Forum. Last reply by Diane Chojnowski 5 hours ago. 1 Reply

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 23 hours ago. 34 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Blake Shurtz posted a discussion

Replacement for Energy Conservatory Flow-blaster

It's too bad that the flow-blaster is no longer being produced or technically supported. Does…See More
2 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Mike Rogers's discussion Home Energy Pros and #MeToo
"Mike, thanks so much for supporting women and the #MeToo campaign. Women everywhere  have…"
5 hours ago
Profile IconBrian Cizmar, Charles Allen, Charles Buell and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
5 hours ago
Mike Rogers posted a discussion

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

If it doesn't seem obvious why a discussion of …See More
8 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Sean Lintow proposed rails and clips (re: first comment in this discussion), but in the context of…"
23 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I missed where the suggestion for rails came in. The plywood would not need any rails. 4+ inches is…"
yesterday
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I'm a little confused about the necessity and purpose of using support rails if working on…"
yesterday
"If you insulate master bedroom and family room from below, you definitely need more R-value than…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service