Kent Browning's Discussions (14)

Discussions Replied To (14) Replies Latest Activity

"Depends on the insulation. Batt insulation I would not expect much to be drawn in. C…"

Kent Browning replied Oct 2 to Bath fan weirdness

13 Oct 11
Reply by Bruce Fillmore

"I am guessing based on what you posted. I suspect the fan collar to exhaust duct is…"

Kent Browning replied Oct 1 to Bath fan weirdness

13 Oct 11
Reply by Bruce Fillmore

"Didn't you answer your own question? "... SWS 6.6201.3a (No room will exceed +/- 3 p…"

Kent Browning replied Oct 1 to How to measure room pressures

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"First the problems - increased CO due to poor combustion, flue condensation delayed…"

Kent Browning replied Sep 14 to Tankless water heating and existing gas lines

5 Sep 14
Reply by Kent Browning

"David's comment is spot on. I would always prefer thermostat staging control over fu…"

Kent Browning replied Jan 4 to Two-stage furnace, control at furnace or thermostat?

11 Jan 23
Reply by Rob

"Thanks everyone for all the info! This has been VERY helpful. I have been reading ho…"

Kent Browning replied Jul 27, 2017 to When is it too windy to use blower door?

17 Aug 10, 2017
Reply by Iain Walker

"I found this post thru a Google search. I was already a member and have posted a few…"

Kent Browning replied Jul 21, 2017 to When is it too windy to use blower door?

17 Aug 10, 2017
Reply by Iain Walker

"Rather than recommend an ERV, how about some thru wall exhaust fan(s) in the bath ro…"

Kent Browning replied Sep 15, 2016 to ERV Configuration

21 Sep 19, 2016
Reply by Rich Manning

"I agree with you so far.  But that just means that the vapor barrier is less leaky t…"

Kent Browning replied Jun 12, 2016 to Commercial duct testing

11 Jun 24, 2016
Reply by Glen Gallo

""Most sealing done on ductwork is the insulation"?  How do you figure that?  Do you…"

Kent Browning replied Jun 12, 2016 to Commercial duct testing

11 Jun 24, 2016
Reply by Glen Gallo

RSS

Latest Activity

John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Thank You, Colin!  Those are very good points and processes to do some Zone Pressure…"
2 hours ago
Colin Genge replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The way we'd normally do this is to mount one blower door in the hallway, then a duct tester…"
6 hours ago
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Most of the work I do is retrofit of older buildings. Marriage wall leakage is often significant,…"
17 hours ago
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Scott Katznelson   In 2013,  I had my HERS Field Review completed on a multi-family…"
17 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Sorry but LMAO - one blower door for that small of a space gives you an accurate number for the…"
18 hours ago
Chris Davis posted a blog post
19 hours ago
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The most accurate way to accomplish this is to have 4 blower doors running at the same time, one…"
21 hours ago
Brett Little posted a discussion

Tour 2 IL New Built Homes - 1 LEED Silver - 1 Zero Energy Ready

During the IL Green Built Home Tour, we looked at 2 homes right down the road from each other to…See More
22 hours ago
Jan Green commented on Pearl Certification's blog post Two National Brands Join Forces Demonstrating Unity in Home Energy-Efficiency Rating Systems
"Congratulations to Pearl for innovative thinking and finding the right path to ensure these homes…"
23 hours ago
Rob Salcido replied to John Nicholas's discussion Reference Homes for Rating Comparison in the group Home Energy Ratings
"Hello John, Look under the Help Menu in REM/Rate and you should see a "UDRH Syntax…"
yesterday
Rob Salcido joined Evan Mills's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Ratings

Calculating them; visualizing them; explaining them; selling them .... there is a lot to discuss…See More
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service