Matt Sharpe's Discussions (8)

Discussions Replied To (8) Replies Latest Activity

"I have seen this done well too and may be the best cost effective approach consideri…"

Matt Sharpe replied Aug 3 to Adding blown insulation to poorly installed batts?

10 Aug 17
Reply by Peter Krych

"Best practice would be to remove the old poorly installed stuff to gain access for c…"

Matt Sharpe replied Aug 2 to Adding blown insulation to poorly installed batts?

10 Aug 17
Reply by Peter Krych

"Agree that its hard to help without more information. Pictures? IR images? Do IR ima…"

Matt Sharpe replied Jun 14 to Log home roof insulation

10 Aug 7
Reply by Bob Reuther

"The residential stuff is thicker than normal foil but not as rugged as sheet metal.…"

Matt Sharpe replied Oct 29, 2017 to How would you insulate this roof?

61 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Taylor

"Taped seams would be pretty obvious. I have seen vinyl 'T' strips used at seams whic…"

Matt Sharpe replied Oct 27, 2017 to How would you insulate this roof?

61 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Taylor

"That would probably go into the category of "ask your local code official". I think…"

Matt Sharpe replied Oct 26, 2017 to How would you insulate this roof?

61 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Taylor

"You could infill between purlins against metal roof with cheaper foil faced poly-iso…"

61 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Taylor

"I'd work on the inside. 2.5" Thermax white finish polyiso can be left exposed and lo…"

61 Nov 11, 2017
Reply by Dave Taylor

RSS

Forum Discussions

Cooling effect from solar panels

Started by Tim Kendzia in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela yesterday. 16 Replies

Learning Thermostat

Started by Classic Residential, Inc. in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela yesterday. 35 Replies

When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?

Started by David Byrnes in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela on Monday. 7 Replies

Surprise loads

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire Dec 6. 4 Replies

Latest Activity

David Meiland posted a discussion

Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?

I looked at a large new house today, and saw what I see in almost every house... the fiberglass…See More
9 hours ago
Franco Oyuela replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"Those solar panels on top of your roof aren't just providing clean power; they are cooling…"
yesterday
Alice La Pierre replied to Don Fugler's discussion Depressurization/make-up air issues in the group Kitchen Ventilation
"Brilliant; I will ask Santa for a particle monitor for Christmas now.  Thanks!"
yesterday
Franco Oyuela replied to Classic Residential, Inc.'s discussion Learning Thermostat
"What is a smart thermostat? Every home has a thermostat and the smart version of this piece of…"
yesterday
Profile Iconjana Timchak and Greg Stockton joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
John White posted a blog post
Tuesday
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion Depressurization/make-up air issues in the group Kitchen Ventilation
"Alice, there is probably not a specific ventilation requirement for induction cooking. The ROCIS…"
Monday
Dominick Pandolfo joined Michael Stuart's group
Thumbnail

INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS

This group is dedicated to knowledge sharing and discussion of infrared thermography for building…See More
Monday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service