John Proctor's Discussions (22)

Discussions Replied To (17) Replies Latest Activity

"With respect to the delivery temperature into the crawlspace, the supply air would b…"

John Proctor replied Nov 6 to Sealed crawl space for new construction

19 Nov 7
Reply by William Turner

"Kent  -- the best version I have seen of this includes: A low wattage moderate flow…"

John Proctor replied Nov 5 to Sealed crawl space for new construction

19 Nov 7
Reply by William Turner

"Mark -- you are right I should not have said never. The only walls that I have seen…"

John Proctor replied Oct 5 to How to measure room pressures

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"I have never seen an inside wall that did not leak to the exterior. Go ahead talk ab…"

John Proctor replied Oct 1 to How to measure room pressures

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"OMG Mark -- Panned joists -- guaranteed duct leakage. "

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"Since the specification you are quoting (?) specifies ventilation system and all int…"

20 Oct 5
Reply by John Proctor

"Ted -- The startup losses on modern furnaces are much smaller than the old days. I w…"

John Proctor replied Jan 22 to Two-stage furnace, control at furnace or thermostat?

11 Jan 23
Reply by Rob

"I hate to be the one to bring this up, but two stage furnaces are quite capable of h…"

John Proctor replied Jan 4 to Two-stage furnace, control at furnace or thermostat?

11 Jan 23
Reply by Rob

"Thank you Eric So was this device a propane or natural gas heater. Do you have any s…"

John Proctor replied Jan 30, 2017 to Unvented Gas Space Heaters – Continued Delays

10 Feb 3, 2017
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"You may have already see this, but if not it is worthwhile. Forwarded from Rick Chit…"

John Proctor replied Apr 6, 2015 to How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California

39 Apr 8, 2015
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

RSS

Forum Discussions

When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?

Started by David Byrnes in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela 6 hours ago. 7 Replies

Surprise loads

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 4 Replies

Blower door test for small apartment building

Started by Jerry Needham in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 19 Replies

Learning Thermostat

Started by Classic Residential, Inc. in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela Dec 4. 34 Replies

Latest Activity

Greg Stockton is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
5 hours ago
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion Depressurization/make-up air issues in the group Kitchen Ventilation
"Alice, there is probably not a specific ventilation requirement for induction cooking. The ROCIS…"
5 hours ago
Dominick Pandolfo joined Michael Stuart's group
Thumbnail

INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY USERS

This group is dedicated to knowledge sharing and discussion of infrared thermography for building…See More
5 hours ago
Dominick Pandolfo joined Don Fugler's group
Thumbnail

Kitchen Ventilation

In many homes, cooking is the largest indoor source of air pollutants. Exposures can be higher in…See More
5 hours ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Don Fugler's discussion Depressurization/make-up air issues in the group Kitchen Ventilation
"Don, can you help us understand the ventilation needs for induction cooking?  There are no gas…"
6 hours ago
Mark Furst commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post New Zero-Energy Homes Almost to Cost Parity, While Codes & Incentives Help Cross the Finish Line—By RMI's Alisa Petersen
"Yes and yes. This should become the goal of every municipality. It starts with adopting the latest…"
6 hours ago
Franco Oyuela replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"Oversized air conditioners. The reasons to size an air conditioner properly: SAVE MONEY. People in…"
6 hours ago
Sean Wiens liked Jim Gunshinan's blog post New Zero-Energy Homes Almost to Cost Parity, While Codes & Incentives Help Cross the Finish Line—By RMI's Alisa Petersen
8 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service