John C. Semmelhack's Discussions (9)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"For multi-split systems from the quality manufacturers, plan on roughly $2,500-3,000…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Feb 12, 2015 to Whole-house Ductless Mini-split install costs

6 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by Robert Bass

"Graham, The U.S. is catching up to Germany very quickly on solar installs. As of the…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Oct 23, 2014 to How does efficiency factor into a grid parity world?

5 Oct 26, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"HVAC contractor (ideally) drills the 1" hole, then tapes over afterward.  I investe…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Jan 24, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"By the way...not sure what climate you're in, but someone should probably should ins…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Jan 24, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"There are in-duct measurement techniques that are accurate enough for this purpose.…"

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Why are you wondering how much airflow occurs at this intake?   1) Required for Ene…"

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Dan,  Good to hear you're evaluating the reduced airflow form the CAR's. I'm intere…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Nov 20, 2012 to AirGenerate Heat Pump Water Heaters - any experience?

5 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by John C. Semmelhack

"Dan,  Have you measured the drop in efficiency/capacity caused by reducing the airf…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Nov 16, 2012 to AirGenerate Heat Pump Water Heaters - any experience?

5 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by John C. Semmelhack

"Yes, this can be done and is done.   Many of the ductless heat pump manufacturers ha…"

John C. Semmelhack replied Nov 10, 2011 to DHPs in MF projects

5 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by Pam Worner

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 22 hours ago. 15 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah yesterday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco on Monday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"Yeah. Gas water…"
14 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?
"With super cheap natural gas prices now, still worth going all electric?  Tankless needs a lot…"
15 hours ago
Stuart Langley liked Chris Clay's photo
20 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Stuart, I wasn't considering the copula windows... yes, those would indeed need to be…"
22 hours ago
Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Well, @David Butler, you have seen the property more accurately than I have, but my impression of…"
22 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"@ Stuart,I don't think there's any concern about impact of 4" build-up on elevation…"
23 hours ago
Stuart Langley replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"So this building has a few issues with air leaks and air leaks have so much to do with discomfort…"
23 hours ago
"John Hatfield has the right idea here for a new roof deck. Polyiso boards always need a good stout…"
23 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service