Barbara Smith's Discussions (39)

Discussions Replied To (25) Replies Latest Activity

"Eliminating continuous furnace fan operation is #3 on list of top ways to cut energy…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 20 to HVAC Question about running fan continuously VS setting on Auto so it runs when AC or furnace runs

24 Sep 7
Reply by John White

"Many of our Wisconsin residents do not yet have the ECM (electrically commutated mot…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 20 to HVAC Question about running fan continuously VS setting on Auto so it runs when AC or furnace runs

24 Sep 7
Reply by John White

"Windows are a long term investment and do not expect energy savings alone to justify…"

Barbara Smith replied Apr 12 to Are Energy Efficient Windows worth the investment?

4 Apr 20
Reply by ayazfudugo1

"Installation and proper sizing is important to getting the best performance out of y…"

Barbara Smith replied Feb 19 to Efficiency of furnace

18 May 31
Reply by Liam Smith

"Check ENERGY STAR and Consumer Reports. https://www.energystar.gov/products/heating_…"

Barbara Smith replied Feb 19 to Best brands for furnace

3 May 9
Reply by Franco Oyuela

"Yes. I remember Avi Friedman's Next Home that was a townhouse that you could reconfi…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23, 2016 to A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers

9 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Steven Lefler

"I understand that a "chimney balloon" is a common solution to this problem also, and…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23, 2016 to Fireplace drafts

17 Jan 2, 2017
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Maybe this thread name could be changed to something more descriptive like "Affordab…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23, 2016 to A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers

9 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Steven Lefler

"There's a good post on this site (Home Energy Pros) if you search on "Energy Disaggr…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23, 2016 to Big Data Analytics - Don't Believe the Hype

9 Nov 23, 2016
Reply by Barbara Smith

"What I have heard is that the presence of PACE in a jurisdiction has encouraged othe…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 22, 2016 to Dear DOE, PACE sucks - please fix or make it go away...

3 Aug 22, 2016
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconJames Pollard and William Hoey joined Home Energy Pros Forum
19 hours ago
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Hi Sean, my comment re: actionable cooling load was about the application of ductless, not related…"
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Assuming same efficiency - apples to apples - off the top of my head the only way a ducted system…"
yesterday
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"By 'actionable', I mean the load is such that the homeowner actually needs to use A/C, as…"
yesterday
Paul Zabriskie is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
Thursday
Brett Little replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"When you say actionable cooling loads you mean higher than heating loads?  I need to see…"
Thursday
"Since the Home Performance Forum archives are hosted on a different server with different software,…"
Thursday
tedkidd replied to Gordon Smith's discussion Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?
"Why are they calling? Get 4 or 5 why's. Are supplies dirty?! Why!! In most cases, changing…"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service