David Eakin's Discussions (45)

Discussions Replied To (41) Replies Latest Activity

"This concept might make much more sense in a multi-unit situation like a condo/apart…"

David Eakin replied Jan 15, 2016 to David Bowie & Home Performance

36 Jan 23, 2016
Reply by Nate Adams

"Are you also going to seal/insulate the stair walls and treads? What about the mecha…"

David Eakin replied Oct 23, 2015 to Airsealing an old basement ceiling

16 May 26, 2016
Reply by Ed Minch

"A vertical curtain will not separate the upstairs from the downstairs. There is a wh…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12, 2015 to partitioning open basement area with retractable curtain

2 Aug 24, 2015
Reply by Kevin Jordan

"If I were you, I'd look at the liquid-applied and peel-and-stick products (e.g., Sig…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12, 2015 to lifespan of air sealing materials

14 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Ed Minch

"It goes back to the project management axiom: Do you want good, quick, or cheap? Pic…"

David Eakin replied Aug 12, 2015 to Ventilating Attics- Rafter Vents

5 Aug 12, 2015
Reply by David Eakin

"These type vests have been used by motorcycle riders for many years. Consensus is th…"

David Eakin replied May 15, 2015 to cooling vests

9 May 17, 2015
Reply by Doug Krahl

"Roderick, Sorry - no photos. But it was similar to many other projects easily found.…"

David Eakin replied Aug 5, 2014 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"My parents built a split-level house in the '60s that had a large, belt-driven whole…"

David Eakin replied Aug 5, 2014 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"I think the comments by Maria and Dennis have some merit for my own situation. I ori…"

David Eakin replied Aug 1, 2014 to Flickering LED lights

22 Feb 5, 2015
Reply by nakeme

"I also thought that, but I tried to put a CFL in the A-19 outside fixture at my daug…"

David Eakin replied Jul 31, 2014 to Flickering LED lights

22 Feb 5, 2015
Reply by nakeme

RSS

Forum Discussions

Latest Activity

John Hatfield replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"David I think the finish edge application is critical but several un-knows exist. Such as how far…"
8 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"@Kevin, that article is behind a pay wall. Here's the original posted on Allison's…"
9 hours ago
Kevin Miller replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Good question.  I don't know the answer.   I'd love to know whether there…"
9 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Hi John, thanks for pointing out my faux pas: I made clear in my original post that rainwater…"
9 hours ago
John Hatfield replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Kevin, Is the "Kool Seal" product certified for potable water collection?"
9 hours ago
Mike Berg joined Tom White's group
Thumbnail

Weatherization

Share your concerns and successes as a weatherization professional, or information for this…See More
9 hours ago
Profile IconBlake Reid, James Barras, Kathleen ODonnell and 5 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
9 hours ago
Jon Finewood joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
10 hours ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service