A. Tamasin Sterner's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"Pure Energy has been installing LED bulbs for a while and have some experience with…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Feb 5 to LED's and motion sensors

9 Feb 5
Reply by A. Tamasin Sterner

"We offer a course called Energy Retrofit Modeling and Work Scope Development to meet…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Jan 29, 2014 to Did you know that changes have been made to BPI's BA certification upgrade criteria?

7 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Mike Kandel

"In PA, where basements are rarely cooler than 55 degrees, insulating basement ceilin…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Feb 14, 2012 to Insulating floors above basements with fuel-fired boilers\furnaces.

23 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"A short and concise brief on this can be found at http://www.waptac.org/data/files/W…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Dec 29, 2011 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Yesterday I attended a Home Show.  Three exhibitors offered Free Energy Audits.  Two…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Feb 12, 2011 to Different classifications of radiant barrier materials

16 Sep 3, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Just like everything else... it depends on the budget!"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Feb 10, 2011 to How do you recommend improving knee wall insulation???

21 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by A. Tamasin Sterner

"We see Reflectix used behind knee walls all the time.  It is the air barrier to prev…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Feb 10, 2011 to Any Experience with Radiant Barrier Bubble Wrap

7 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Guy DuBois

"This is what I have from some of our Baseload auditing: Compressor Crankcase Heater…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Dec 7, 2010 to Got Data? How much leaking electricity is there in HVAC systems?

11 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Bradford E. White

"I'm with you, Jeremy, about not charging customers for tests they don't need or that…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Nov 27, 2010 to Combustion Appliance Testing Can Be Easy if You Understand What and Why You Are Testing

10 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Tim Phillips

"Curiosity leads to knowledge - for those of us who want to do the right thing all th…"

A. Tamasin Sterner replied Nov 26, 2010 to Combustion Appliance Testing Can Be Easy if You Understand What and Why You Are Testing

10 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Tim Phillips

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler 3 minutes ago. 34 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco Oct 16. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I missed where the suggestion for rails came in. The plywood would not need any rails. 4+ inches is…"
4 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I'm a little confused about the necessity and purpose of using support rails if working on…"
4 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"If you insulate master bedroom and family room from below, you definitely need more R-value than…"
4 hours ago
"Brad, I was only talking about using EPS between the ridges, if necessary, to conform to bolts.…"
4 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"It kind of depends on the PIC. Not all insulation is made the same. Here in VT (and all of New…"
4 hours ago
"Filling those shallow valleys with rigid foam not only prevents primary foam panels from…"
5 hours ago
"Bill, you just posted a number of responses in different areas of the thread. I will try to respond…"
9 hours ago
Donald Hester liked Marc Tannenbaum's blog post 3 Issues HVAC contractors Should Know About Impacting Customer Comfort and Health
9 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service