tedkidd's Discussions (486)

Discussions Replied To (390) Replies Latest Activity

"PATRICK - The effectiveness of the current insulation can be adjusted as you are at…"

tedkidd replied Jan 13, 2012 to SIR minimums, building a culture, an infrastructure based upon lying...

4 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

"On Bill Financing will expose the lie.   A program that will only allow improvement…"

tedkidd replied Jan 12, 2012 to SIR minimums, building a culture, an infrastructure based upon lying...

4 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by phil jeffers

"Hmmm.  I think I'm seeing it and may be able to pull something really useful out.  F…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Let's make this simple.  In Europe you offer services that ultimately boil down to…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to US vs EU

20 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Thomas Price

"If cold air is pushing the hot air to me that implies positive pressure.  If hot ai…"

tedkidd replied Jan 5, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Patrick, I like Bruce's response, tells me my intuition; "I think covering it is mos…"

tedkidd replied Dec 22, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

""This fancy plug saves energy and saves lives"  - Really? I've seen tape many years…"

tedkidd replied Dec 22, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

"Danielle, that sounds exciting!   Does it have a mechanism for tracking & repor…"

tedkidd replied Dec 15, 2011 to Energy Auditing Software and Reporting

32 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Jesse

"There are paper hoods that hook to your compressor hose.  Very slick and inexpensive…"

tedkidd replied Dec 15, 2011 to Ventilation for Spray Foam retrofit

3 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by tedkidd

"Jon - Yes that might be very useful!  We would also want to know insulation and air…"

tedkidd replied Dec 5, 2011 to Learning Thermostat

35 Dec 11
Reply by Franco Oyuela

RSS

Latest Activity

Sean Lintow Sr replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"2018 IECC --- just think, you do have 6 sided encapsulation unlike an attic which see's more…"
14 hours ago
Mick Lane replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"There are a few things going on here. First, if you want an idea of the effectiveness of the…"
14 hours ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Where is this written? please and thank you. As, its written you would have to do cont. insulation…"
14 hours ago
Charles Buell replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Of course---and fiberglass is garbage in this application and many others"
15 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Bruce wrote: "What if they where 16" deep "I" joist? Further to tell the…"
17 hours ago
Robin Henry replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"I could see that point but there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. No electrical,…"
17 hours ago
Bruce Fillmore replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Sounds like another trade was in there after the insulators finished, and scrunched it up. …"
17 hours ago
Bruce Fillmore replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Sounds like you're creating your own building code.  I can understand asking the builder…"
17 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service