Jan Green's Discussions (56)

Discussions Replied To (52) Replies Latest Activity

"Brad - thank you for your insights.  I listed a home for sale with that Whisper Gree…"

Jan Green replied Apr 14, 2017 to BDT with vermiculite in hollow CMU walls?

20 May 11, 2017
Reply by Jan Green

"During our hot summer months, the odor that is created in my attic is noticeably bad…"

20 May 11, 2017
Reply by Jan Green

"Thank you John!  That's my plan, swap out the fans first.  Appreciate the advice!   …"

20 May 11, 2017
Reply by Jan Green

"The air test was done prior to Aerosealing and tests were fine. No drywall was remov…"

20 May 11, 2017
Reply by Jan Green

"I had a blower door done on my 1979 block home but didn't know I had that in the wal…"

Jan Green replied Apr 13, 2017 to BDT with vermiculite in hollow CMU walls?

20 May 11, 2017
Reply by Jan Green

"Good question Rob. I've seen some that offer multi-faceted approaches with more than…"

Jan Green replied Feb 2, 2017 to Energy auditing as a stand-alone business model

18 Apr 7, 2017
Reply by Michael Dunseith

"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn'…"

Jan Green replied Dec 8, 2016 to DOE Home Energy Score

44 Jun 15, 2017
Reply by Sandy Michaels

"Thank you so much Sandy!  Likewise, I look forward to finishing this project and the…"

Jan Green replied Aug 20, 2016 to Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert

11 Aug 20, 2016
Reply by Jan Green

"Update!  I'm sealing ducts today with Aeroseal.  Besides getting the new HERS # afte…"

Jan Green replied Aug 15, 2016 to Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert

11 Aug 20, 2016
Reply by Jan Green

"Nice meeting you as well Tom!  You're right! My last 2 electric bills have been $39…"

Jan Green replied Jun 30, 2016 to Retrofitting a 1979 Home to NAHB Silver or Gold - Pending Cert

11 Aug 20, 2016
Reply by Jan Green

RSS

Latest Activity

Sean Lintow Sr replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"Yes & no - newer codes added in "Exception: As an alternative, the floor framing-cavity…"
12 hours ago
Dan Phillips replied to tedkidd's discussion It is time for government programs to end. They become monopolies that block market solutions.
"Not all states used deemed savings or modeled savings.  Don't throw the baby out with the…"
14 hours ago
Dan Phillips replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"I wonder if you could do an experiment.  Leave a section of the floor insulation as is. …"
14 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"I had missed your query originally made a couple of years ago.   Yes it does make a…"
yesterday
Dannie Jackson replied to Tom Smith's discussion Are Energy Efficient Windows worth the investment?
"If you look at the R factor of the window and compare it to old school single pain glass windows…"
yesterday
Dannie Jackson replied to tedkidd's discussion It is time for government programs to end. They become monopolies that block market solutions.
"Something that bothers me which is very similar to the concerns about agencies and programs…"
yesterday
Dannie Jackson replied to Tim Kendzia's discussion Cooling effect from solar panels
"I would assume two things about this idea, first of all you would definitely shade the roof and…"
yesterday
Charles Buell replied to David Meiland's discussion Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?
"You want to install enough insulation that the room temp line is within the insulation---not…"
yesterday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service