Bob Blanchette's Discussions (525)

Discussions Replied To (438) Replies Latest Activity

"When you get into the $1500 range you can just replace the duct system if it accessi…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 23, 2012 to Any thoughts on the Aeroseal product?

15 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Aeroseal does make sense for difficult to access ductwork. For easy to access ductwo…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 21, 2012 to Any thoughts on the Aeroseal product?

15 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Is the $20 a 1 time thing or does it repeat every month? Is there a way to prevent d…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 20, 2012 to Has anyone heard of Greenlet? Me neither until today

8 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

"With Flex being so inexpensive is it really worth Aeroseal the old ductwork? If you…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Any thoughts on the Aeroseal product?

15 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Is there any financial incentive for customers to install the devices in their homes…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Has anyone heard of Greenlet? Me neither until today

8 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

"Sounds very much like what OG&E is doing with smarthours. The main difference is…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Has anyone heard of Greenlet? Me neither until today

8 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by randy tolowski

"Since the house has been super insulated with foam the heating load for upstairs wil…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to Open combustion furnace in an attic that has been sealed at the end walls and roof.

35 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"The Nest seems to have decent internals, now if they could only get the software fin…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 17, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"In Oklahoma contractors are charging about 3x the cost of standard insulation."

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 4, 2012 to Cost of foam installation

4 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Paul Lasicki

"The manufacturer cannot provide an EER even if they wanted to. Without knowing the t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Aug 2, 2012 to portable AC units--EdgeStar AP12000

8 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by Brad Cook 35 minutes ago. 27 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco Oct 16. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Bill, you just posted a number of responses in different areas of the thread. I will try to respond…"
35 minutes ago
Donald Hester liked Marc Tannenbaum's blog post 3 Issues HVAC contractors Should Know About Impacting Customer Comfort and Health
37 minutes ago
Profile IconAlice Quinn and Donald Hester joined Home Energy Pros Forum
48 minutes ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"In an earlier response, I noted that we COULD haul drinking water and use the water we collect off…"
1 hour ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"As to the elevations on the cupola – the existing windows up there might survive adding…"
1 hour ago
"The purlins are 1 3/4" thick. I believe the top chord of the trusses are 10" deep (but…"
1 hour ago
"The cupola windows are the only place there would be a problem if 4" of foam were added above…"
1 hour ago
"The purlins are 1 3/4" thick. I don’t know about the fire dangers of PIC or other foams.…"
1 hour ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service