Bob Blanchette's Discussions (525)

Discussions Replied To (438) Replies Latest Activity

"HDD numbers with 55 degree base temp: Jan   Feb  409   429  2012 553   397  2013 638…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Being able to use the 10th of each month for meter read date is much more accurate t…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 17, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Playing with the "base temp" setting in order to to make the numbers "work". I'm hav…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Not a snowflake in sight down here, expecting temps in the 60's today. First real br…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 16, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I didn't calculate the "offset" of there not being a 1:1 ratio of HDD and heat loss.…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"How do you input the HDD/gas use not being 1:1 in energy calculations?"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I forgot to include other use!! We have water heater, dryer, stove, grill (used summ…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Using actual billing cycle dates makes things a lot easier. 789HDD 2014 vs. 533HDD 2…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

"That was the point of starting the discussion, to have somebody smarter than I am to…"

Bob Blanchette replied Feb 15, 2014 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"Furnace is not a mod unit, just a basic 44k 90% single stage. I don't think you can…"

75 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Latest Activity

Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Brendan, Thanks for that response. Because of your warning, I just went down to the basement and…"
1 hour ago
Brendan Reid replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Hi Don, Summary: DRYER VENT: screws bad idea, possibly prohibited by code. METAL DUCT: must be…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconBrendan Reid and David Butler joined Allison A. Bailes III's group
Thumbnail

HVAC

HVAC design, Manuals J, S, T, & D, Duct leakage, Air flow, ENERGY STAR new home requirements,…See More
1 hour ago
Profile IconSean Wiens and David Butler joined Chris Laumer-Giddens's group
Thumbnail

Energy Efficient Design

Energy efficiency starts at the drafting table...How architects and designers can help buildings…See More
10 hours ago
Profile IconSean Wiens and David Butler joined Mark Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Renewable Energy

This group will focus on the issues associated with incorporating renewable energy sources like…See More
10 hours ago
Al Tibbs posted photos
11 hours ago
Al Tibbs replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"In any case where there is visible mold present, I would begin with a thorough VISUAL assessment of…"
11 hours ago
Al Tibbs joined Bob Krell's group
Thumbnail

Healthy Indoors (IAQ)

The Healthy Indoors group is focused on indoor air quality (IAQ), mold, moisture control, radon,…See More
11 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service