Jim Baerg's Discussions (12)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"This is a great discussion.  I'd like to ask a question about the distribution contr…"

Jim Baerg replied Feb 23 to Efficiency of furnace

18 May 31
Reply by Liam Smith

"I did 2 projects last year, both on houses where the siding was being replaced.  The…"

Jim Baerg replied Dec 8, 2017 to Exterior Insulation for Deep Energy Retrofits

28 Dec 9, 2017
Reply by Tim

"In the North, when the heat is needed most is at night and on colder, cloudy days. P…"

Jim Baerg replied May 19, 2016 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24, 2016
Reply by R Higgins

"All well and good, but you still have to come up with solutions to provide electrici…"

Jim Baerg replied May 19, 2016 to No Utility Homes, Are we ready to start building Homes that are not connected to traditional utilities ?

11 May 24, 2016
Reply by R Higgins

"I did a Web search on this recently; NEC prohibits covering K&T with insulation.…"

Jim Baerg replied Mar 6, 2014 to Insulating with *Updated* (an oxymoron, right!) knob and tube wiring

8 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Ethan Bodnaruk

"Good list.  I'd like to comment on Myth #1 about registers.  Closing registers (and…"

Jim Baerg replied Apr 15, 2013 to Energy Myths- Fact or Fiction?

8 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I've drilled wood window and door jambs on double wythe brick walls and then dense p…"

Jim Baerg replied Apr 12, 2013 to HELP - AIR SEALING a Continuous Stone Interior/ Exterior Wall

16 Mar 17, 2016
Reply by Mick Lane

"James,  here's what I meant about masonry stoves or radiant floors in poorly insulat…"

Jim Baerg replied Dec 21, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Don't forget that masonry stoves work best (just like radiant floors) in poorly insu…"

Jim Baerg replied Dec 3, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"How about this idea that I saw used on mid-floor balloon framed floors;  in the base…"

Jim Baerg replied Nov 1, 2012 to Dense pack cellulose in enclosed rim joist

24 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Tom Walther

RSS

Forum Discussions

Latest Activity

MacKenzie Winchel joined Evan Mills's group
Thumbnail

Home Energy Ratings

Calculating them; visualizing them; explaining them; selling them .... there is a lot to discuss…See More
3 hours ago
Franco Oyuela replied to Jamie Kaye's discussion Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?
"Fiberglass has an R-Value of 3 per inch while spray foam has a R- Value of 7 per inch. ... The…"
10 hours ago
Profile IconPatrick Chappuies, Sean Nickison, Priscilla Acosta and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
13 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Thanks Colin Interesting subject and many good answers. Thank you Jerry for the question. I have…"
14 hours ago
Yudah Schwartz replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"John What are your thoughts on the AeroBarrier system?"
16 hours ago
Chris Davis's blog post was featured
17 hours ago
Brett Little's event was featured
Thumbnail

Duct Optimization and Performance - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

October 31, 2018 from 12pm to 1:15pm
Good indoor air starts with proper duct design and installation. In residential ventilation…See More
17 hours ago
John White posted a blog post
yesterday
Profile IconChristina Mathieson, Sophia Jones and Nancy Hawkins joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Saturday
Brett Little posted an event
Thumbnail

Duct Optimization and Performance - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

October 31, 2018 from 12pm to 1:15pm
Good indoor air starts with proper duct design and installation. In residential ventilation…See More
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Thank You, Colin!  Those are very good points and processes to do some Zone Pressure…"
Friday
Colin Genge replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The way we'd normally do this is to mount one blower door in the hallway, then a duct tester…"
Friday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service