HVAC (66)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ERV in need of backflow preventer.

I installed an ERV on my last job with the intake and exhaust utilizing 6" round hard duct.  I have no problem locating an exhaust vent cov…

Started by Elizabeth Guinn

7 Jun 5, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

Using Two Exhaust Fans with AirCycler g2/FanConnect

A customer of ours recently asked if it was possible to operate two exhaust fans in two different bathrooms with the AirCycler g2 and FanCo…

Started by Carly Maltais

0 Mar 3, 2015

Getting Balanced Ventilation with the AirCycler g2-k

We spoke to a lot of people at RESNET 2015 about balanced ventilation so we wanted to share here how it can be achieved with the AirCycler…

Started by Carly Maltais

0 Feb 19, 2015

Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

I have seen metal "plugs" (and this may not be the correct term) used for the holes that are drilled in vent pipes, in order to test combus…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

26 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Andrew Aliferis

How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

Some claim that modern furnaces have minimized off cycle losses to the point they no longer matter. Oversizing has become a comfort issue r…

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

Underperforming? Energy Efficiency of HVAC Equipment Suffers Due to Poor Installation

Hello all, A search of the site seems to indicate this recently published study from NIST has not made an appearance, so here's a link to…

Started by Steve Waclo

4 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Robert Zockoff

Dirty Sock Syndrome in high efficiency HVAC units

I was recently told my new HE HVAC unit has the dreaded dirty sock syndrome.  Never had this problem with the old unit.  My research shows…

Started by Ti Mougne

12 Nov 17, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction

Common load reduction strategies include:       Tightening your building covering and adding additional insulation to condense leakage.…

Started by Aaren Stewart

1 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by Hal Skinner

UV light in Furnace?

Had our furnace and air ducts cleaned today for the first time in years; could have spun an entire dog from all the embedded hair.  The ser…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

29 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Brett Little

LBNL looking for HVAC contractors that service Small Commercial

Our team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has developed an Energy Management Package to target small commercial buildings that is d…

Started by Erin Hult

9 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by Curt Kinder

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconJames Pollard and William Hoey joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Hi Sean, my comment re: actionable cooling load was about the application of ductless, not related…"
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"Assuming same efficiency - apples to apples - off the top of my head the only way a ducted system…"
Friday
David Butler replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"By 'actionable', I mean the load is such that the homeowner actually needs to use A/C, as…"
Friday
Paul Zabriskie is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
Thursday
Brett Little replied to Brett Little's discussion Do ductless systems do better on the HERS?
"When you say actionable cooling loads you mean higher than heating loads?  I need to see…"
Thursday
"Since the Home Performance Forum archives are hosted on a different server with different software,…"
Thursday
tedkidd replied to Gordon Smith's discussion Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?
"Why are they calling? Get 4 or 5 why's. Are supplies dirty?! Why!! In most cases, changing…"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service