HVAC (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thermostat set points

I have a programmable thermostat that is, well, dumb. It is willing to set times and abide by those, but it doesn't take in to account the…

Started by daniel manriquez

5 May 17, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

UV light in Furnace?

Had our furnace and air ducts cleaned today for the first time in years; could have spun an entire dog from all the embedded hair.  The ser…

Started by Home Energy Magazine

29 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Brett Little

LBNL looking for HVAC contractors that service Small Commercial

Our team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has developed an Energy Management Package to target small commercial buildings that is d…

Started by Erin Hult

9 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by Curt Kinder

Low Gas Pressure

I have been running no heat calls all day - today I have found  lots of very low gas pressure you can run the Nat Gas hot water heater or 9…

Started by Eric Kjelshus

8 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Tom DelConte

Troubleshooting a Furnace Blower

Looking for some help troubleshooting this furnace blower issue! Carrier Model 58CTX070 Furnace is not delivering much air to supply gril…

Started by Bachi Brunato

12 Jan 5, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Geothermal Indoor Air Quality

I'd like the experts here to weigh in on this.  I've been hearing a lot of claims about the better IAQ you get with geothermal systems.  In…

Started by Trish Holder

2 Dec 27, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Student needs help for HVAC research project

Hi, I am a Building Science student, working on a residential HVAC research project. Specifically, I am comparing the following types of sy…

Started by Lena Burkett

7 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by prisco tammaro

Underground ductwork

Do you think the air loss will be minimal in the following situation Underground duct with some separation at the joints, trenched and enc…

Started by Kevin

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Cooling His Room With a Big Refrigerator - What is Wrong with That?

It was very hot this July 4th for Peter when his room AC broke down.  Nothing taste better than a cold beer from the refrigerator.  …

Started by Perry Ning

5 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

Super Seal and Dry R

Hi, I installed my York system 2 years ago July 2011 and this month I found ice on my coils, I have 3.5 ton system with new refrigerant lin…

Started by George Gereis

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by James White

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by John Hatfield 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training 22 hours ago. 0 Replies

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco on Monday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Crista replied to Brad Cook's discussion Too many Heat Pump Water Heaters in a basement?
"You might find this study of…"
27 minutes ago
Profile IconCrista, David Potter, Walter Neboshynsky and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
28 minutes ago
Lindsay Bachman's event was featured
Thumbnail

2017 HPC California Regional Home Performance Conference & Trade Show at Hilton Long Beach

November 14, 2017 at 7am to November 15, 2017 at 3pm
We are excited to join together with industry leaders along with fellow weatherization…See More
42 minutes ago
Joe Hughes's event was featured
Thumbnail

HEALTHY BUILDINGS SUMMIT 2017 Conference at Seven Springs Mountain Resort

November 2, 2017 to November 4, 2017
Join us for another year of outstanding "Research to Practice" presentations with world class…See More
42 minutes ago
Michael Duclos's event was featured
Thumbnail

Passive House Massachusetts - Symposium at District Hall, Boston, MA

October 25, 2017 all day
Getting High Performance Buildings DonePassive house standards and strategies have come a long way…See More
42 minutes ago
Diane Chojnowski's event was featured
Thumbnail

2017 Home Performance Coalition California Regional Home Performance Conference & Trade Show at Hilton Long Beach

November 14, 2017 to November 15, 2017
We are excited to join together with industry leaders along with fellow weatherization…See More
42 minutes ago
John Hatfield replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"The solution maybe installation of foam fill panels between the existing raised metal ribs within…"
1 hour ago
Marc Tannenbaum posted a blog post

3 Issues HVAC contractors Should Know About Impacting Customer Comfort and Health

There is an epidemic of people suffering in many of the 100 million homes across the U.S.  Many of…See More
1 hour ago

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service