General Forum (1,012)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Proper Sizing of a two Stage Geothermal System

Question from energy homeowner:   Contractor has recommended installing a two stage Water Furnace Envision w/desup NDV049A system into a 27…

Started by Scott Barhight

2 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by dale conner

Books on boilers, burners, furnaces, water heaters, and central air.

One can learn the basics of heat transfer, R values, U values, and all that stuff reasonably quickly and the physics and and fundamentals a…

Started by Paul Raymer

0 Dec 19, 2010

Lead Base Paint

Comment by Ed Mahoney 5 hours ago Delete Comment   Does anyone know what EPA means by "Demolition".....  I am having a hard time with. If…

Started by Ed Mahoney

2 Dec 18, 2010
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Storage of Solar Hot Air

Is there a simple, effective way to store heat from a hot air collector for 12-36 hours? I live in Montana in a 30-year-old, passive/active…

Started by George Mattson

0 Dec 17, 2010

Estimating E savings from air sealing in huge leaky house

I'm asked to estimate the heating energy savings from air sealing a 10,000 sf house built in 1900. The former mansion has 6 undampered chim…

Started by George M. Matthews

5 Dec 17, 2010
Reply by David Parker

Duct testing accuracy

I wrote a new blog about testing the accuracy of duct testers and gauges.  Is anyone out there running these tests?   http://homeenergypros…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

0 Dec 16, 2010

What's Wrong with the Home-Energy Audit Industry?

Here's an article sent by my friend Ron Clark of Energywise that deserves a read by everyone in the business. I especially encourage some t…

Started by Steve Waclo

19 Dec 13, 2010
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Being an LED lighting Zealot, like being a Beatles fan in 1964

Sometimes you can tell someone or somethings going to breakthrough, because of the quality and talent & potential. That describes the B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

0 Dec 10, 2010

Colorado State Energy Sector Partnership Grant

Led by the Colorado Department of Labor, the US Department of Labor has awarded $6 million to the State to prepare Colorado workers for eme…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Dec 9, 2010

Maryland State Energy Sector Partnership Grant

Led by the Maryland Governor’s Workforce Investment Board (GWIB), the US Department of Labor has awarded $5.8 million to the State to prepa…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Dec 9, 2010

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by Brad Cook 2 hours ago. 33 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco Oct 16. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I missed where the suggestion for rails came in. The plywood would not need any rails. 4+ inches is…"
2 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I'm a little confused about the necessity and purpose of using support rails if working on…"
2 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"If you insulate master bedroom and family room from below, you definitely need more R-value than…"
3 hours ago
"Brad, I was only talking about using EPS between the ridges, if necessary, to conform to bolts.…"
3 hours ago
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"It kind of depends on the PIC. Not all insulation is made the same. Here in VT (and all of New…"
3 hours ago
"Filling those shallow valleys with rigid foam not only prevents primary foam panels from…"
3 hours ago
"Bill, you just posted a number of responses in different areas of the thread. I will try to respond…"
8 hours ago
Donald Hester liked Marc Tannenbaum's blog post 3 Issues HVAC contractors Should Know About Impacting Customer Comfort and Health
8 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service