General Forum (1,012)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heat Pump Problem - Aux mode

All, This question is about my own home (I work in energy policy and have only a passing knowledge so far of actually working on home equip…

Started by Austin Brown

5 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Austin Brown

Installing asphalt shingle roofing around dormers – a how-to primer

Here is an article I wrote about Installing asphalt roofing. I've attached the text here, and the link is within the body. Sorry if this is…

Started by Dale Eklund

1 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Bradley Wiesneth

Retrofit insulation on the roof over cathedral ceiling

I have an under-insulated roof above a "cathedral ceiling".  The shingles need to be replaced this year.  It occurred to me that this could…

Started by George Whiting

24 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

I never had anything good to say about crappy LED Retrofits....

Here is why-- I can speak about 3 instances where manufacturers of LED retrofits have had  faulty stuff recalled - the latest Lighting Scie…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

1 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

Free Energy Audit Sales Flyer / Brochures

copy and paste this for your web browser  http://www.marylandenergyauditor.com/home-energy-audit-brochures.html

Started by Damien Herold

1 Mar 15, 2013
Reply by Damien Herold

BPI's Home Performance-Related Data Standards Released for Public Comment

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is pleased to announce that its BPI-2100-S-2013: Standard for Home Performance-Related Data…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Mar 12, 2013

BPI Introduces New Renewal Policy for Certified Home Performance Professionals

Today BPI announced a new certification renewal policy that recognizes the work experience of BPI certified professionals. The new policy e…

Started by Mike Kandel

15 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by Robert vanCreveld

The Government is looking for public comment on Green Building Certification Systems

If there was anything that was relevant to what brought us all here to rant and rave and sometimes learn this would be it. I heard a guy sa…

Started by William H Nickerson

0 Mar 6, 2013

What is COSTCO doing?

Does anyone else just see a lawsuit when they watch this video? http://www.trustedhomeservices.com/eshield/video.asp

Started by Craig Bird

31 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Jerry Lahr

Which Hydronic Air Handler

We are about to add hydronic air handlers to our options due to low BTU needs in California.  First Company is the only one that I have any…

Started by Rich Johnson

8 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Jack Lance

RSS

Forum Discussions

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by Brad Cook 3 hours ago. 27 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Dirty solar panels

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Stacie Bagnasco Oct 16. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Bill, you just posted a number of responses in different areas of the thread. I will try to respond…"
3 hours ago
Donald Hester liked Marc Tannenbaum's blog post 3 Issues HVAC contractors Should Know About Impacting Customer Comfort and Health
3 hours ago
Profile IconAlice Quinn and Donald Hester joined Home Energy Pros Forum
3 hours ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"In an earlier response, I noted that we COULD haul drinking water and use the water we collect off…"
3 hours ago
Bill Spikowski replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"As to the elevations on the cupola – the existing windows up there might survive adding…"
4 hours ago
"The purlins are 1 3/4" thick. I believe the top chord of the trusses are 10" deep (but…"
4 hours ago
"The cupola windows are the only place there would be a problem if 4" of foam were added above…"
4 hours ago
"The purlins are 1 3/4" thick. I don’t know about the fire dangers of PIC or other foams.…"
4 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service