General Forum (1,022)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DOE ENERGY SAVER BLOG

DOE ENERGY SAVER BLOG can be found at: DOE Energy Saver Blog . Please watch for my posts there! Thank you, t

Started by Tom DelConte

0 May 30, 2013

Change is Hard—How Do You Get People to Accept It?

http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/profiles/blogs/change-is-hard-how-do-you-get-people-to-accept-it?xg_source=activity

Started by Jim Gunshinan

0 May 28, 2013

Disasters & sustainable energy

Housing in the U.S. is a major focal point for both sustainability and disaster management. It was estimated that the 2005 Hurricane Katrin…

Started by J.C. Martel

17 May 27, 2013
Reply by Evan Mills

Why Are Energy-Saving Home Inprovements Down??

This is a link to a recent article from a leading energy marketing firm that discusses a multi-year decline in energy-saving improvements:…

Started by Jose Macho

23 May 24, 2013
Reply by David Eggleton

Hot Upper Stories

Hello Pros! I had a very nice chat with a client the other day. He and his wife have dealt with a "too hot upper story" (in their 1970s s…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

White Box Technologies launches Web-based weather data for building energy simulations

White Box Technologies is pleased to announce under agreement with ASHRAE the launch of WBT Weather Data for Energy Calculations, a web sit…

Started by Joe Huang

0 May 21, 2013

For Sale Flir Thermal Imaging Camera and Retrotec blower door fan

I have a Flir Thermal Imaging Camera and Retrotec blower door fan and accessories for sale. Below I will list everything that comes with th…

Started by Brandon Hassell

0 May 15, 2013

ASHRAE 62.2.2010 and the $20 app

From the desk of George Kopf, Training & Employment Manager at Rising Sun Energy Center, Berkeley CA: If you were relieved when BPI ann…

Started by George Kopf

35 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

While reading an article in the Alaska Magazine yesterday, I came upon a reference to Russian wood stoves (Pechka) that were commonly used…

Started by James White

33 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

John Tooley of Advanced Energy Receives BPI's 2013 Tony Woods Award for Excellence in Advancing the Home Performance Industry

Joe Kuonen, Michael Blasnik and Rick Chitwood inducted into Building Performance Industry Hall of Fame  Denver, Colorado, May 1, 2013 - To…

Started by Mike Kandel

1 May 9, 2013
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

RSS

Latest Activity

Chris Dorsi posted an event
Thumbnail

2018 Habitat X Summer National Conference at Big Sky Montana

June 27, 2016 to June 29, 2016
The 2018 Habitat…See More
7 hours ago
Stuart Langley liked David Byrnes's blog post Strategies for Hiring and Interviewing for Home Performance Professionals
11 hours ago
Kevin Miller replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Visual inspection can only confirm the presence of mold, not the absence.   That said,…"
14 hours ago
Armand C Magnelli replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"I often suggest pop-rivets as an alternative to sheet metal screws for both clothes dryer duct work…"
15 hours ago
Kevin Miller replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Sampling would be primarily to verify 'Condition 1' or 'Normal Fungal Ecology'…"
15 hours ago
Daniel Cullen joined Building Performance Institute's group
Thumbnail

Building Performance Institute (BPI)

BPI is the nation's premier standards development, quality assurance and credentialing organization…See More
15 hours ago
Daniel Cullen replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Can anyone tell me exactly HOW mold sampling impacts the mold remediation process or protocol? Why…"
15 hours ago
Daniel Cullen joined Bob Krell's group
Thumbnail

Healthy Indoors (IAQ)

The Healthy Indoors group is focused on indoor air quality (IAQ), mold, moisture control, radon,…See More
15 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service