General Forum (1,022)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Temperature Control Problems with Vision Thermostats

Temperature Control Problems with Vision Thermostats . The smoking gun is found! Plain old temperature control beats crazy electronic heat…

Started by Tom DelConte

5 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

Electrical system data loggers

A few years ago I was shopping for some sort of data logging electrical system monitor and came across some really interesting solid state…

Started by peter chang

19 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

Looking for residential building and remodeling experts

Making sure you residential building and remodeling professionals out there are aware of the call for presenters for the Wisconsin Better B…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 Jun 18, 2013

June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

Come check out BPI's monthly newsletter, Performance Matters! The image below was taken by Matt Schwoegler, a thermographer and infrared in…

Started by Mike Kandel

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

How to Add a Passively Cooled Wine Cellar?

I am working with a client on a home addition, and one element of the design is a wine cellar. Here are some basic facts about the existing…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

11 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

INTERVIEW: C.R. Herro of Meritage Homes on the Building Performance Podcast

http://buildingperformancepodcast.com (or on iTunes) Today Corbett bounces off the walls with C.R. Herro of Meritage Homes as they discuss…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

0 Jun 7, 2013

5 Must-Haves for any Energy Audit Report

Alright, I think we've all seen enough confusing, unreadable reports (and written some).  Let's talk about the messaging more!  Here's my s…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

0 Jun 7, 2013

Summer's Finally Here!

What to do this summer: Extend Your Living Space onto the patio or deck. Make additions which increase comfort & reduce energy costs. A…

Started by Tom DelConte

6 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

Alex Laskey: How behavioral science can lower your energy bill

What's a proven way to lower your energy costs? Would you believe: learning what your neighbor pays? Alex Laskey from OPower shows how a qu…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Jun 6, 2013

Microbial Ecosystems

Hello All, Came upon this interview just this morning and although the research discussed was done in a university office building and a h…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Jun 3, 2013

RSS

Latest Activity

Stuart Langley liked David Byrnes's blog post Strategies for Hiring and Interviewing for Home Performance Professionals
1 hour ago
Kevin Miller replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Visual inspection can only confirm the presence of mold, not the absence.   That said,…"
4 hours ago
Armand C Magnelli replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"I often suggest pop-rivets as an alternative to sheet metal screws for both clothes dryer duct work…"
5 hours ago
Kevin Miller replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Sampling would be primarily to verify 'Condition 1' or 'Normal Fungal Ecology'…"
5 hours ago
Daniel Cullen joined Building Performance Institute's group
Thumbnail

Building Performance Institute (BPI)

BPI is the nation's premier standards development, quality assurance and credentialing organization…See More
5 hours ago
Daniel Cullen replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Can anyone tell me exactly HOW mold sampling impacts the mold remediation process or protocol? Why…"
5 hours ago
Daniel Cullen joined Bob Krell's group
Thumbnail

Healthy Indoors (IAQ)

The Healthy Indoors group is focused on indoor air quality (IAQ), mold, moisture control, radon,…See More
5 hours ago
Debra Little's video was featured

Robert Bean, Iain Walker, indoor environmental quality experts

Robert and Iain discuss home indoor health & environmental quality. Design for human factors; thermal comfort, air quality, sound, odor...kitchen exhaust, th...
6 hours ago

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service