General Forum (1,021)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Range Hood Draft

Recently we purchase a combination Samsung microwave / range hood. The venting system is 4-speed using 2 backward impeller fans. I measured…

Started by Roman

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

BPI Announces National Rollout of Advanced HEP Certifications

BPI is proud to announce the rollout of four new Home Energy Professional certifications - the only home performance certifications that ar…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Oct 14, 2013

Does infiltration really reduce the r-value of our insulation?

Previously posted at: http://www.energyauditortalk.org/index.php?topic=1959.msg11251#new But Sean and I couldn't come to a full agreement.…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Bud Poll

Unvented Roof Assembly

Hello Pros. I am seriously considering going with unvented roof assemblies for a couple of houses that may not offer viable\thorough attic…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

5 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

Does adding drill-and-fill insulation to uninsulated exterior walls without re-cladding lead to moisture issues in the wall cavities?

Are you hesitant to add insulation to exterior walls of existing homes without also adding an exterior vapor barrier?  -OR- Have you been…

Started by Chris Stratton

6 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Jesse Erbel

Searching for suggestions

I did an energy audit on a client and I would like to get some suggestions please. This is my main "problem": 11 year-old home, about 2,00…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

Upcoming TEC webinar

Join Frank Spevak, TEC Sales and Marketing Manager, as he demonstrates the power and versatility of using the TEC WiFi Link and the iTEC-70…

Started by Kim Tanner

0 Sep 27, 2013

BPI Earns ANSI ISO 17024 Accreditation for Advanced HEP Certifications

BPI's four new Home Energy Professional Certifications have earned ANSI's ISO 17024 accreditation, and have become the only credentials ava…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 27, 2013

What is wrong with the Residential Energy Efficiency industry (and how to fix it)

Howdy Home Energy Pros, Over the course of the last 5 years, I have seen a lot happen within the Residential Energy Efficiency industry. Wh…

Started by George Kopf

0 Sep 24, 2013

ASHRAE 62.2-2013 in an Easy-to-Use Method!

http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/video/ashrae-62-2-2013-easy-peasy-ventilation-calculation-with-corbett Here you go, dudes: 7.5 cfm per person…

Started by Corbett Lunsford

3 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Todd Hoener

RSS

Latest Activity

Summer Reyes posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Oliver Periman is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
12 hours ago
Bob Krell joined Tom White's group
Thumbnail

Trainers and Mentors

Share your experience with different training and mentoring methods. Learn about new training…See More
yesterday
Bob Krell replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"Most of the moisture issues there can be attributed to failure to get the roof system completely…"
yesterday
Bob Krell replied to Bob Krell's discussion What Do You Do When You Find Suspected Mold? in the group Healthy Indoors (IAQ)
"You are correct about it being multi-family.  It is, in fact, an assisted-living facility, so…"
yesterday
Quinn Korzeniecki added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Weatherization Pros: Only 9 Days Left to Apply for Free BPI Certification Exams!

Are you a weatherization professional? Don't miss your chance to get the costs of your new 2018 BPI…See More
yesterday
Quinn Korzeniecki posted a discussion

Weatherization Pros: Get BPI Certification Exam Costs Covered!

Are you a weatherization professional? Don't miss your chance to get the costs of your new 2018 BPI…See More
yesterday
Diane Chojnowski replied to David Butler's discussion Beginners Guide: Managing Subscriptions on Home Energy Pros
"Great guide David! Thanks! We send two weekly emails to keep members in the loop about new blogs,…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service