General Forum (1,013)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Phased Deep Retrofit Project in Florida

Dear Pros, How much could be saved in retrofits that blanketed a large group of homes with simple measures collected detailed audit informa…

Started by Danny S. Parker

14 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by Curt Kinder

A new home energy calculator, please share your thoughts

We've recently launched a home energy calculator to help home owners and professionals alike estimate the heat energy gain and loss of home…

Started by HB

14 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by HB

bogus mail on Boilers?

I received this e mail today and i have an Oil Boiler in my home, so I was concerned about it.  New%20EPA%20Small%20Boiler%20Mandate%20%20J…

Started by Pat Dundon

1 Jan 5, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

How accurate do you think some of the program and policy energy improvement pricing suggestions are?

Ever wonder why some customers think your prices are too high? Might it be because some of them heard prices that where way too low from ou…

Started by Mike Rogers

4 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

BPI CEO Joins 2013 HVACR Industry Newsmakers of the Year

BPI is proud to announce that CEO Larry Zarker has been chosen by ACHR the News as one of six HVACR Industry Newsmakers of 2013. The public…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Dec 31, 2013

Which trends do you see as being particularly relevant to home performance, and your business, in 2014?

Technology trends? Market trends? Policy? What do you see heading our way in 2014? http://omstout.com/7-home-performance-trends-to-watch-i

Started by Mike Rogers

0 Dec 23, 2013

How Tankless Water Heaters Help You in A Budget cut?(Energy Efficient)

One of the most important reasons why many are turning to tank-less heaters is because of how cost efficient they are. Tank-less units only…

Started by Nancy shirley

0 Dec 19, 2013

Basic CAZ instructions may not provide the correct number.

When you measure the worst case depressurization of a CAZ are you measuring the pressure in the appliance room or the room above it?  When…

Started by Bud Poll

0 Dec 19, 2013

Gas meter "constant" charge.

Can anybody tell me what the 1.0920 "constant" charge is?

Started by Bob Blanchette

5 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

Basement weatherization and interior moisture management.

Please share your favorite products, ideas and links for managing basement moisture intrusion before weatherizing.  I'm not looking for inf…

Started by Kris Grube

16 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Corey Johnson

RSS

Forum Discussions

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

Started by Mike Rogers in General Forum 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

How would you insulate this roof?

Started by David Butler in General Forum. Last reply by David Butler yesterday. 34 Replies

Psychrometric Chart Training

Started by John Krochmalny in Training. Last reply by Mahendra Shah on Friday. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Blake Shurtz posted a discussion

Replacement for Energy Conservatory Flow-blaster

It's too bad that the flow-blaster is no longer being produced or technically supported. Does…See More
4 hours ago
Profile IconBrian Cizmar, Charles Allen, Charles Buell and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
7 hours ago
Mike Rogers posted a discussion

Home Energy Pros and #MeToo

If it doesn't seem obvious why a discussion of …See More
10 hours ago
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"Sean Lintow proposed rails and clips (re: first comment in this discussion), but in the context of…"
yesterday
Brad Cook replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I missed where the suggestion for rails came in. The plywood would not need any rails. 4+ inches is…"
yesterday
David Butler replied to David Butler's discussion How would you insulate this roof?
"I'm a little confused about the necessity and purpose of using support rails if working on…"
yesterday
"If you insulate master bedroom and family room from below, you definitely need more R-value than…"
yesterday
"Brad, I was only talking about using EPS between the ridges, if necessary, to conform to bolts.…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service