General Forum (1,051)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Take a tour of an IL Zero Energy Ready Modular Home 3pt series

Architect Tom Bassett Dilley wants to invite you into this exclusive tour of a zero energy ready modular prefabricated home. Craned right i…

Started by Brett Little

0 Oct 17

Virtual CEU Tour of the Pembroke Passive Solar Zero Energy Ready Home

It's not often that someone makes their vacation home a place to advance social justice AND Green Building but Neil Peck does just that! He…

Started by Brett Little

6 Oct 11
Reply by Brett Little

Experience with new energy monitoring tools such as Curb, Sense, Nerio and Smapee

I have been trying to get feedback from people's experience with these breaker box monitoring tools. Do any of them work and provide useful…

Started by Dav Camras

25 Oct 8
Reply by Dav Camras

Friday, October 5th is Energy Efficiency Day!

Friday, October 5th is Energy Efficiency Day!  Energy Efficiency = 2.25 million American jobs. Celebrate the EE workforce today! It takes…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Oct 5

The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

We're moving our office space and doing a lot of the build-out ourselves.  In our HVAC overhaul, we need to replace the manual thermostat w…

Started by Melissa Baldridge

66 Oct 4
Reply by Jesse Smith

It is time for government programs to end. They become monopolies that block market solutions.

Sent to Chairman Simpson, Ranking Member Kaptur, Chairman Alexander, and Ranking Member Feinstein Dear Representatives on the DOE committe…

Started by tedkidd

1 Oct 3
Reply by Michael Dunseith

Condensation on ceiling and walls of master bedroom

Posted on wrong thing first time.  Have cust who claims to have condensation on ceiling in summer time.  has 2 ac... has approx 3,000 sf tw…

Started by Jerry Needham

11 Oct 3
Reply by Michael Dunseith

Check it out! The video every HVAC contractor should see.

Here’s an inside look at incorporating home performance into your HVAC business from two of the industry's leading contractors. Learn how s…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Oct 2
Reply by Franco Oyuela

Funky Smell in Ductwork

Hello all, I performed an audit the other day and one of the homeowners' largest concerns was a funky smell in the ducts that serve the up…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

16 Oct 2
Reply by John White

Insulation touches underside of roof in home with no soffit or soffit venting.

I performed an assessment for a recent home buyer and the home inspector they hired when they purchased the home said the fiberglass insula…

Started by John Carton

15 Oct 1
Reply by Mark Furst

RSS

Forum Discussions

When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?

Started by David Byrnes in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Saturday. 6 Replies

Surprise loads

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 4 Replies

Blower door test for small apartment building

Started by Jerry Needham in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 19 Replies

Learning Thermostat

Started by Classic Residential, Inc. in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela on Wednesday. 34 Replies

Latest Activity

Building Performance Institute posted a status
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: https://bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
54 minutes ago
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
55 minutes ago
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: https://bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
55 minutes ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"Thanks for the clarification. I was in PHX last week at a Construction Instruction class (those…"
Saturday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"FYI - APS / SRP basically means Phoenix, AZ with no humidity except for after a monsoon blows…"
Saturday
Profile IconEamon Geary, Zach Colton, Jason Beery and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Friday
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Evan Mills's discussion Surprise loads
"Yeah I was just playing around with it. And my jaw dropped when I took a photo of my PS4 I had been…"
Thursday
Paul Holder replied to doug Redburn's discussion Infiltec blower door for sale $500 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I'm' interested. Can you send me pictures. paulholder@mrchillac.com"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service