General Forum (1,041)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

17 Sep 8
Reply by Brad Cook

HVAC Question about running fan continuously VS setting on Auto so it runs when AC or furnace runs

I get a lot of confusion from homeowners who are told by their HVAC contractor to run the fan "on" all the time.  I realize that these high…

Started by Jerry Needham

24 Sep 7
Reply by John White

Apply now for the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship!

BPI is accepting applications for the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship helps individuals in the industry who are working to…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

1 Aug 9

Rooftop Whole House Fan Pulls 8005 CFM

A patent has been filed by Kurt Shafer for the first Hybrid Turbine Rooftop Ventilator to be built in America.  The design is ideal for bot…

Started by Kurt Shafer

0 Jul 30

Submit your session proposal for 2019 National HPC Conference & Trade Show by August 10

HPC is accepting session proposals for the 2019 National HPC Conference & Trade Show. Get your proposal in soon - the deadline is Frida…

0 Jul 25

The High Cost of Energy in Rural America

ACEEE and the Energy Efficiency for All coalition released a report this week examining residential energy affordability in rural and small…

0 Jul 19

Interactive map showing state-by-state progress of clean energy across the U.S.

Today, the U.S. produces nearly six times as much renewable electricity from the sun and the wind as it did in 2008, and nine states now g…

0 Jul 19

another house explodes, killing 2 in apparent natural gas accident

2 dead in house blast, no foul play suspected Excerpts from the article: "A house exploded in New Jersey early Saturday, killing a husband…

Started by David Butler

3 Jul 12
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

GSHP for domestic hot water

Howdy All, I'm looking for a water to water or refrigerant to water GSHP or VRF heat pump to be used solely for residential domestic hot wa…

Started by David Holtzclaw

4 Jun 28
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

E&O Insurance

Any recommendations for a good E&O and general liability insurance carrier for energy auditing?  I've been quoted by OREP but they seem…

Started by Rob Madden

0 Jun 21

RSS

Latest Activity

John White posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Profile IconChristina Mathieson, Sophia Jones and Nancy Hawkins joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
Brett Little posted an event
Thumbnail

Duct Optimization and Performance - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

October 31, 2018 from 12pm to 1:15pm
Good indoor air starts with proper duct design and installation. In residential ventilation…See More
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Thank You, Colin!  Those are very good points and processes to do some Zone Pressure…"
Friday
Colin Genge replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The way we'd normally do this is to mount one blower door in the hallway, then a duct tester…"
Friday
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Most of the work I do is retrofit of older buildings. Marriage wall leakage is often significant,…"
Thursday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Scott Katznelson   In 2013,  I had my HERS Field Review completed on a multi-family…"
Thursday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Sorry but LMAO - one blower door for that small of a space gives you an accurate number for the…"
Thursday
Chris Davis posted a blog post
Thursday
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The most accurate way to accomplish this is to have 4 blower doors running at the same time, one…"
Thursday
Brett Little posted a discussion

Tour 2 IL New Built Homes - 1 LEED Silver - 1 Zero Energy Ready

During the IL Green Built Home Tour, we looked at 2 homes right down the road from each other to…See More
Thursday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service