General Forum (1,070)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Northwest Regional Conference Rates Go Up Soon

Regular registration will end on January 11, 2019, for the Northwest Regional Conference. Save $100 by registering now! http://bit.ly/HPCNW

Started by Home Performance Coalition

0 Jan 3

Does IRC preclude use of spray foam to insulate rim bands in unfinished basement? (re: ignition barrier)

My new home, currently under construction, has a full basement, half of which will remain unfinished, i.e., no drywall or ceilings. We inte…

Started by David Butler

5 Jan 2
Reply by David Butler

Encapsulated CS cold floors without batt insulation

So like the Title says. I have an encapsulated crawl space with spray foam insulation around the perimeter. The floors do not have any insu…

Started by Jason

8 Dec 21, 2018
Reply by Jason

Air gap above floor insulation--how big is the impact?

I looked at a large new house today, and saw what I see in almost every house... the fiberglass batt insulation installed under the subfloo…

Started by David Meiland

23 Dec 19, 2018
Reply by David Butler

It is time for government programs to end. They become monopolies that block market solutions.

Sent to Chairman Simpson, Ranking Member Kaptur, Chairman Alexander, and Ranking Member Feinstein Dear Representatives on the DOE committe…

Started by tedkidd

3 Dec 15, 2018
Reply by Dan Phillips

Ecological faucets: Hot water is available as quickly as using a DHW loop, but without wasting water or energy.

I am looking for partners, supports and funding. I am also looking for reliable information regarding the energy wasted in the DHW loops. I…

Started by Claude Waudoit

0 Dec 13, 2018

Surprise loads

We just finished up a two-year investigation at LBNL on the energy use of video gaming. Energy expenditures amount to about $6 billion annu…

Started by Evan Mills

4 Dec 6, 2018
Reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire

Cathedral ceiling with tongue and groove ceiling. Looking for solutions.

Did audit last week and homeowner is always cold in these two rooms with cathedral ceilings and large exposed beams.  Thinking of installin…

Started by Jerry Needham

4 Nov 29, 2018
Reply by Keith Tripp

Apply for BPI's Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is now accepting applications for the Jon Siemen Memorial Scholarship. This year, in additio…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

1 Nov 15, 2018
Reply by Diane Chojnowski

Deer Haven Tour: Architect's residence goes LEED zero energy ready with warm modernism design

Join Evan behind the scenes for a tour of his personal residence that he designed to LEED (pending Platinum) & Zero Energy Ready Standa…

Started by Brett Little

0 Nov 12, 2018

RSS

Forum Discussions

70 unit building rehab

Started by Jerry Needham in Multifamily. Last reply by Sean Lintow Sr yesterday. 2 Replies

Linda Wigington Leadership Award Nominations

Started by Diane Chojnowski in General Forum. Last reply by Diane Chojnowski on Friday. 1 Reply

Are Energy Efficient Windows worth the investment?

Started by Tom Smith in General Forum. Last reply by Diane Chojnowski on Wednesday. 12 Replies

Latest Activity

John White posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Dannie Jackson commented on Dannie Jackson's blog post Converting A South Facing Window Into A Solar Space Heating Panel
"No if you use solar heat gain software the angle of the sun on the floor for instance looses energy…"
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Jerry Needham's discussion 70 unit building rehab
"He is in the Chicago market & here single pane aluminum windows are not something you would…"
yesterday
Heather Schall-Lucas is now a member of Home Energy Pros Forum
Saturday
Diane Chojnowski replied to Diane Chojnowski's discussion Linda Wigington Leadership Award Nominations
"Do you know someone doing extraordinary work to strengthen the home performance &…"
Friday
Profile IconDaikinMEA, Beth Meteney, Erik Brewer and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Friday
John White posted photos
Friday
Jenna Bader replied to Jerry Needham's discussion 70 unit building rehab
"Where is this project located? Try getting an energy modeler to perform an analysis of the…"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service